Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

I thought Liverpool enquired. We said nah. Then it got more dire and we said maybe? 

Was probably a bit further down the line than that. Deal and figures both sides in principle agreed and a medical booked in Germany but we held off hoping we could resolve our PSR black hole an alternative route at the eleventh hour. Which we did. Clearly the biggest fallout of it all has been AG’s mental state since. If we valued Miggy and paid as much attention to him I’m sure the last couple of windows have had similar effect to him also.

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Interested to know what the new wage is.  I don’t have him as high as Bruno or Isak.  It needs to be less than £200k - ideally £120-150k. Anymore  then he becomes hard to shift if he doesn’t replicate his form of last year.  

Can't see him being more than 150k tbh, will probably be in that bracket you outlined there. He's worth that though. What he lacks in elite-level skill or vision, he makes up for in work rate and discipline. Very good team player normally, and I would expect his stats to reflect his value again by the end of the season.

12 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

My guess is we pulled a bit of a Chelsea and got him to agree to lower wages than he was originally thinking in exchange for a sixth year.

Not a bad strategy.

Are we allowed to give Paul Mitchell any credit as DOF?

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Interested to know what the new wage is.  I don’t have him as high as Bruno or Isak.  It needs to be less than £200k - ideally £120-150k. Anymore  then he becomes hard to shift if he doesn’t replicate his form of last year.  

Should be £150k ball park base (maybe bit lower like £120k), with incentives where if his output is on par with last season, he'd be taking home close to £200k pw across the season. That's the sort of contracts you want for hungry players.

Keeps structure in place, performs, the bids of £80m+ will still come in time where you can sell for good money and not break the wage structure.

5 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Should be £150k ball park base (maybe bit lower like £120k), with incentives where if his output is on par with last season, he'd be taking home close to £200k pw across the season. That's the sort of contracts you want for hungry players.

Keeps structure in place, performs, the bids of £80m+ will still come in time where you can sell for good money and not break the wage structure.

Agreed.  One thing Spurs do really well is not giving players the supermax unless they really deserve it.  Kane, Son. The rest - you can go to Man City for megabucks if you want the massive contracts 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Not a bad strategy.

To be honest, yeah. Subject to the details of the contract. But it's positive that we seem to be back on track for ironing out these situations and haven't ended up butting heads, which could've been very ugly for everyone. 

Hopefully he doesn't do an interview next weekend about how good he is at getting players to undervalue themselves in negotiations :laugh:

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

My guess is we pulled a bit of a Chelsea and got him to agree to lower wages than he was originally thinking in exchange for a sixth year.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Not a bad strategy.

The fact that its a 5yr contract being reported (2029) would suggest your guess is incorrect and therefore not the strategy.

Without his work rate and intensity there is a massive drop off as we’ve seen. Would be careful with his contract. Pleased he’s extending and not breaking wage structure the main thing. 

He’s better than a lot on here thought he was, but he’s not as good as he thinks he is. Balance to be had.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

The fact that its a 5yr contract being reported (2029) would suggest your guess is incorrect and therefore not the strategy.

Without his work rate and intensity there is a massive drop off as we’ve seen. Would be careful with his contract. Pleased he’s extending and not breaking wage structure the main thing. 

He’s better than a lot on here thought he was, but he’s not as good as he thinks he is. Balance to be had.

Romano's latest report is it's for 6 years (2030). That's why I said that.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Romano's latest report is it's for 6 years (2030). That's why I said that.

If so I apologise. Last updates i saw lunchtime where 2029 :thup: