Anthony Gordon

Jack27

13 hours ago, RS said:

Potential to be the next Adam Armstrong Yet @Gottlob??

He was excellent for three of our goals yesterday, but Adam Armstrong scored another cracker for Southampton, so right now I'd say they're running neck and neck. Can you imagine these two studs playing together? But given his form so far this season, it is fair to say that swapping Gordon for Armstrong in the summer, even on loan, wouldn't have been the right move. It would have been like robbing Peter to pay Paul. If we still want to snag Adam Armstrong on a cut-price deal, I reckon we'll have to use Harvey Barnes now as the makeweight.

10 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

He was excellent for three of our goals yesterday, but Adam Armstrong scored another cracker for Southampton, so right now I'd say they're running neck and neck. Can you imagine these two studs playing together? But given his form so far this season, it is fair to say that swapping Gordon for Armstrong in the summer, even on loan, wouldn't have been the right move. It would have been like robbing Peter to pay Paul. If we still want to snag Adam Armstrong on a cut-price deal, I reckon we'll have to use Harvey Barnes now as the makeweight.

At least you’re obviously (…and not unfunnily) on the wind-up now. I was fearing for your sanity. 

Seems like he's had to play twice as many games as everyone else as well because of injuries, but he keeps turning up and putting in 100% every time regardless of whatever knocks he picks up. He's a warrior.

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Gordon 0 (senior caps).

Gallagher 11 

Sterling 82. 

Now that is a wind-up 

Sterling deserves his caps, Gallagher should have 0 and Gordon should have been picked already, with a cap to his name 

22 minutes ago, TRon said:

Seems like he's had to play twice as many games as everyone else as well because of injuries, but he keeps turning up and putting in 100% every time regardless of whatever knocks he picks up. He's a warrior.

It's a lot easier to keep going when you're playing well.

He's excellent man.

His anticipation and reading of the game is A1. He's often moving and reacting faster than defenders. He catches them out; that's one of the ways he steals fouls and opportunities, he's sniffing it out.

His finishing has been super composed as well. Clean striker of the ball off both feet. The earliness of the shot beat the keeper.

And he mitigates a lot of his weaknesses. He's not great at beating a man but he still works himself into good areas and then keeps the ball to keep the pressure. He's not the most creative but by anticipating opportunities he creates where another player would be on their heels. And he's got good delivery from wide areas off both feet. He could get 5-6 assists a season off crosses alone. Win another 4-5 penalties which is pretty much an assist. And a few more from open play and you're looking at an elite 10+ goal, 10+ assist player.

Absolutely lush hearing people saying positive things about our players.

I think it's a great point that reason Gordon is so good is because he can pretty much do everything to a good standard and mixes it up all game.

Pressing

Passing

Crossing

Dribbling

Running in behind

Shooting

Tackling

I'd say he's at least a 7/10 on all these markers. Compare that to ASM who was a 10/10 at dribbling but lacked in most other areas.

Poor Harvey has his work cut out. Although I wouldn't mind seeing them together for spells in games.