Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

He looked fucked tbh. He's out for the season IMO.

Well so far he's either "fine" or out for eight months, of course we know which one it will be.

5 hours ago, TRC said:

Basically 1 domino fell in Barnes vs Sheff United, and then everything started collapsing coupled with Tonali's ban.

Tonali was the first domino it felt. News broke shortly before the Sheff U game. Then Barnes. Then Isak/Wilson. 

3 hours ago, Aiston said:

Was it acl before medical team got involved...gordon seemed in more pain once they touched him on the pitch :lol:

He definitely said, ‘don't fucking do that’, when the guy did whatever he was trying to do 

I don't get why everyone is laying into the physio for a standard ROM test, the only thing you could possibly say is that he was probably a bit aggressive with his test which is why Gordon flinched so hard.

16 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I don't get why everyone is laying into the physio for a standard ROM test, the only thing you could possibly say is that he was probably a bit aggressive with his test which is why Gordon flinched so hard.

Are they? I was joking, awful situation aside, it was one of those awkward laugh moment when he started moving his leg and Gordon shouted done fucking do that! 

it was like someone had a black eye and someone said let me have a look and poked it. 

7 hours ago, Shearergol said:

What exactly did we do wrong to deserve this season?

Pretty sure Howe’s played a part of it tbh.

18 minutes ago, Zero said:

Pretty sure Howe’s played a part of it tbh.

He can take some blame (what you're getting at is my #1 gripe with him), but he didn't deserve Tonali or Barnes or Botman or Burn or Murphy or Longstaff or Targett or Pope or Wilson's pec.

Probably out for the season, which is one thing. A knee injury could very well carry over into the next one. Right now I'm just hoping that he won't miss the start of next season..

Edited by Erikse

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

He can take some blame (what you're getting at is my #1 gripe with him), but he didn't deserve Tonali or Barnes or Botman or Burn or Murphy or Longstaff or Targett or Pope or Wilson's pec.

That's fair but Burn was brought back too early, Longstaff is playing through something, Botman clearly played through something, Barnes had multiple set backs, Anderson too. Murphy wasn't supposed to be playing then randomly comes on and lasts about 2 minutes. Targett was bad luck, Pope was too. Wilson was way over played it if wasn't his pec his hammy had about a game left in it.

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

That's fair but Burn was brought back too early, Longstaff is playing through something, Botman clearly played through something, Barnes had multiple set backs, Anderson too. Murphy wasn't supposed to be playing then randomly comes on and lasts about 2 minutes. Targett was bad luck, Pope was too. Wilson was way over played it if wasn't his pec his hammy had about a game left in it.

I'm not talking about players returning, how much they played, etc. There is blame to go around though I'm not blaming the manager for not diagnosing an ACL injury.

I'm talking about the initial injuries.

It's been covered plenty of times, but the initial absentees were a mix of legacy injuries from last season, freak occurrences such as Barnes broken foot and Tonali's ban. It was all rather unfortunate.

We've since suffered a boatload of soft tissue injuries due to the subsequent lack of rotation and fatigue.

That said there has been some avoidable stuff, Botman playing through an undiagnosed knee injury and Willock playing three games in a week after a long term lay-off spring to mind.

I'm sure our procedures and methods will be reviewed at the end of season.

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Doubt its his ACL as he was able to play for a while after he got it. if it is an ACL we better plan the operation now to have him ready for next season.

Did my ACL and kept going for 45 mins after. What was initially just a feeling of soreness just got more and more sore.

3 minutes ago, HawK said:

Did my ACL and kept going for 45 mins after. What was initially just a feeling of soreness just got more and more sore.

Picture from that very match has emerged @ChronicleLive

3f284b4a-8798-4a59-bdce-62f48b679278.jpg.6c7bfa4c48202d265fc1a652a3657f13.jpg

Well, the Chronicle (I know) was reporting that he'd been assessed by the medical team on Tuesday and it wasn't as bad as first feared.

I await your skepticism with baited breath.

11 hours ago, Mattoon said:

It was aggressive.

I'm hoping for a little bit of a knee twist. 2 weeks rest.

So easy to blame Howe with hindsight, like.

Gordon comes through that Chelsea game unscathed and he's one of, if not the first name on most peoples team sheets. 

He gets injured and it's 'Should've been rested. Urghhh Murphy on the left?!?'

Just now, TBG said:

Gordon comes through that Chelsea game unscathed and he's one of, if not the first name on most peoples team sheets. 

He's been pretty bullet-proof this season. He's not really had the rest he's been due so everyone kind of thinks he'll keep going.

11 minutes ago, TBG said:

Its not like his playtime hasnt been mentioned before. Its not hindsight if its caused partly by this.

12 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Its not like his playtime hasnt been mentioned before. Its not hindsight if its caused partly by this.

Should have played Barnes, or Joelinton in his place in some games. Or ASM. Or Ginola.