Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Again I'm no expert but do you even get ACL injuries from being over played?

Google says.  

ACL injuries often happen during sports and fitness activities that can put stress on the knee: Suddenly slowing down and changing direction (cutting) Pivoting with your foot firmly planted. Landing awkwardly from a jump

Was it not more the push by Cucerella  (which he did all game) which impacted his knee?

4 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Again I'm no expert but do you even get ACL injuries from being over played?

Google says.  

ACL injuries often happen during sports and fitness activities that can put stress on the knee: Suddenly slowing down and changing direction (cutting) Pivoting with your foot firmly planted. Landing awkwardly from a jump

Was it not more the push by Cucerella  (which he did all game) which impacted his knee?

And this is what google says about hamstrings:

A hamstring strain, sometimes called a pulled hamstring, happens when one or more of these muscles gets stretched too far and starts to tear

Yet it's a well known fact that hamstrings are more likely to happen to players who get overloaded. When you are tired the muscles doesn't support your body as well as they used to, so they don't protect you as well from unnatural movements. That's just one of the factors. About ACL:

ef27c17ff4fdeb2cc0ecda3b923ed18c.thumb.png.027b0ead4252494e5733840ff536c071.png

Edited by Erikse

This is not apropos of Gordon but as muscles are fatigued some of the stress and load is transferred to tendons and ligaments.

I did my quadriceps tendon this way. Overloading. Muscle was not recovering in time between workouts. Volume was too high (for me). One movement too far and the tendon ended up taking a load it was not designed for. Tear.

This is not controversial. 

Re: Gordon, no idea. He’s played a lot. Too much imo given how much he sprints. I thought his hamstring would go at some point. I was wrong about that though.

Hope he’s back asap. Crucial player.

Involvement with England. :lol: Hope the lad gets it, he deserves it, but fuck me I hate these international breaks. The timing of this one too, potential to leave clubs without important players for the final run in of the season. 

That's excellent news if true.

I feel like I'm turning to the dark side in this thread though. I don't know how you can absolve Eddie of any blame with Gordon. Injured or not, serious or not - the fact we didn't place more importance on getting him some rest in the last month is a mistake and, given how the season has gone, I was really hoping we'd start to see some progress in this area. This isn't hindsight either.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

That's excellent news if true.

I feel like I'm turning to the dark side in this thread though. I don't know how you can absolve Eddie of any blame with Gordon. Injured or not, serious or not - the fact we didn't place more importance on getting him some rest in the last month is a mistake and, given how the season has gone, I was really hoping we'd start to see some progress in this area. This isn't hindsight either.

Although, given illness to Miggy and that Murphy and Barnes would still have been on return protocols it may that there just wasn’t another option. Just speculating though. Barnes and Murphy could’ve been given the all clear for all I know.

You defo did call out Gordon as being overworked prior to all this. 

3 hours ago, Erikse said:

Did you know that managing workload in reltation to risk of injuries is part of a managers job? Players who are being overloaded are of a much higher risk of injury, those of the kind that Gordon, Willock, Isak and Joelinton and Trippier got for instance. I don't get how people try to deny that the manager has any control over how many injuries that we are likely to get..

Sound more like the sports science team than the manager myself, or is bad info given to Howe, his fault too now?

Some players seemingly always avoid injury. I had semi pegged Gordon in that bracket. 

saka and Fernandes never seem to get tired or injured for example. Even Messi and Ronaldo never seemed to get injured as often as you might expect. 

Edit: Ronaldo has 16 seasons playing 40+ games a season. 15+ 30 league appearance seasons in Europe.

Edited by The College Dropout

International break couldn't have come at a better time really. Hope he doesn't go this round, his time will come - 2.5 weeks of rest and back for West Ham would be mint.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Some players seemingly always avoid injury. I had semi pegged Gordon in that bracket. 

saka and Fernandes never seem to get tired or injured for example. Even Messi and Ronaldo never seemed to get injured as often as you might expect. 

Edit: Ronaldo has 16 seasons playing 40+ games a season. 15+ 30 league appearance seasons in Europe.

A tactical master, budding physio and financial whizz. TCD talent pool knows no bounds.

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

I trained as a physio and have a degree in it. The test he did was completely spot on. You have to move the limb to ‘pain’ to assess where the pain is. 

Also, as mentioned it’s only a ROM test. Nothing in the clip shows an ACL test. 

Because its classic N-O to go and google something, pretend you have an informed and educated opinion, then post about it matter-of-factly for pages upon pages. Then, make sure you throw the knife in to trained pros who make these calls every day. 

Good news

But he should be rested for the season now. Played far too many minutes already this season

Edited by jack j

Rubber band man this cunt (if true). 

I swear he has had 2-3 injuries with us where it looks like he’s totally crocked. Then he’s back playing the next game. 

I agree that he should be wrapped up to a degree from here, shouldn’t be playing more than 60 mins and would be good to get Anderson some more minutes before the summer so we can see whether he can make nail down a place in the squad longer term 

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Good news

But he should be rested for the season now. Played far too many minutes already this season

For the rest of the season? Howay, man. If there's no significant injury (crossing fingers like I'm in a royal photoshop), a couple of weeks off will be ideal.