Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I'd have been shocked if he was culled, his end product has been great and he is very much southgate style. Suspect he will be on bench a lot due to foden tho

he could have played at st james for england if hadnt faked that injury.

good job VAR was on hand to prove he wasnt fouled.

The squad announcement is huge for him. Not only has he made it in but his direct rival for the LW Grealish isn't in. It's basically him and Foden for the LW spot and if Foden is needed elsewhere or picks up a knock he's pretty much guaranteed a start as Bowen and Palmer won't play there.

On 06/06/2024 at 18:07, STM said:

I reckon he starts you know. I think Gareth actually likes him.

I've been convinced that he will ever since he went straight in against Brazil. He fits straight in, no problem. 

Posted (edited)

Tournament winner if given the opportunity. Other fans are so blind to him. Grealish and Maddison were dropped because Gordon is just a lot better than them. When I think of Grealish or Maddison I think slow, tippy tappy. Gordon is just all out pace, running back and forth. Never let’s you rest for a second. Inside your man, outside your man. Assist king. Worldie of a right foot. 

Edited by Joelinton7

I agree on Grealish, he’s a shadow of the player he was before and even then he didn’t relentlessly impact the game like Gordon does. Maddison is a great player but he’s essentially a playmaker and Foden is leagues ahead of him in that role 

On 06/06/2024 at 18:33, Checko said:

Good on him, I think he's got a big game mentality. Hope he gets a chance to make an impression.

If it was him vs Grealish decision, regardless of what Talk Sport (and guests) think, it’s obviously the right choice. Here’s to two player of the tournament gongs in a row 🤞

Posted (edited)

Found this very interesting, especially as he's our only player who doesn't seem to be perma-injured.

Edited by Skeletor

Have you noticed that he looks like a functioning human now he's away from that scouse shithole?

Looked like he had scurvy when he signed [emoji38].