Anthony Gordon

Jack27

45 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

I wouldn’t mind if Gordon went to Liverpool as long as we replaced him with a better player.

Don't think he will leave.

However, if so, that left hand side will have a lot more options to pick from than the right.

9 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Was just about to perk up and say the same thing....why is everyone going on about this?  Clearly confirmed that they made an 'enquiry' which got rebuffed.  The rest of it is just shite.  They couldn't afford him either.

We still going on about the enquiry? That was way back when we were all excited about the euros 

16 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Everton fans were chasing him through the street in his car to be fair :lol: Can see why he wanted out of that mess. 

Makes sense to move back to that city then. Especially for Everton's biggest rivals.

That should smooth things over! 🤣

1 hour ago, Myleftboot said:

I wouldn’t mind if Gordon went to Liverpool as long as we replaced him with a better player.

In complete isolation I'd be happy with Harvey Barnes as first choice on the left tbh. However, selling Anthony Gordon to Liverpool would be one of the worst possible things we could do this summer.

Aye forget thinking about the profits for a second. Gordon/Bruno/Isak should be untouchable. Selling him and replacing him with anyone else is 2-3 steps back. He's one of the best left wingers in Europe.

Would hate to lose Gordon. Not just because I feel he's ready to take next step, but his durability too is so big. Just don't get many players that can play with his intensity and not be regularly injured with niggles.

I love the work our recruitment team has done post-takeover overall, but I have to say I think finding a superior player to Gordon for LW would be very difficult indeed. He belongs with Bruno and Isak as players we should be looking to keep if it is any way possible to do so

On 04/07/2024 at 22:41, Teasy said:

His head could be a mess from watching a bunch of shambling mongs wander around as he sits on the bench for the last couple of weeks.  But Newcastle United have nothing to do with that.

Can you find another term to use?  That word is not cool.

20 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Reckon Liverpool will go big on Salah's replacement. Don't think that will be Gordon. 

They already have about 5 LWs.

It would be nice if slot turned into the Kenny dalglish that came to Newcastle and sold Salah for 2m because he doesn't track back and brought in des Hamilton. 

Also if you had the other additional damage that sent us back to the stone age