Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Sooo Edwards posts a crisis email about AG and then later that day the contract is nearly done and the next day Romano says it’s basically done. Never change Luke. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm still confused by this transfer thing. So the club rejected several approaches while trying to sell him to Liverpool?

Technically we did right? Until we got shot of Anderson and Minteh we were ready to let him go go for Gomez and cash we eventually pulled the plug. 

59 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The fact we are giving him a new contract after less than 25 good games kinda makes me thinking the contract expiry date of next summer 26 are true. 

Agreed.  Isak has been performing better for longer. But we have him on a long term deal.  The 3.5 years for Gordon was crazy and left us exposed.   

29 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I thought Liverpool enquired. We said nah. Then it got more dire and we said maybe? 

My understanding was that our PSR position was known and that Liverpool made a proposition at a knockdown price and were told no. They were just trying their luck. 

Great news, 6 year deal is fantastic, either we keep a top class player or we have the leverage to get a good fee when the time comes. No idea why he offered him such a short deal in the first place, really weird one.

Hope this settles it in his head and he gets back to his best. To be honest I'm a bit put out that his head seemingly got turned so quickly and it had the impact it did. This will hopefully draw a line under it for good.

I wonder if it will include a release clause? I doubt it tbh, but either way it's great news. He's a very good player for us, and this will mean it will take a lot of money if he does get sold at some point. We don't lose either way.