Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Interviewer: “Great celebrations when you scored. You kissed the badge. There’s been a  lot of talk about your future. You didn’t look like a player that has been unsettled in that moment”.

AG “No, I haven’t been (gives a bemused laugh). It’s quite hard as a player because you can’t really come out and say anything you just have to get on with stuff and focus on what’s important. I think fans can be guided by journalists, which is hard. I’ve never been in doubt here since the first day I came back for pre-season. It’s been quite hard for me that people have that perception of me (that he wanted to leave) at the minute, so that celebration was just to clarify that that’s not the case. I was planning that celebration and giving the fans that message for while but I hadn’t scored (at home) until today”.

“Heads a mess” rumours well and truly put to bed with no supper. Said he was almost in tears at the wor flags display. 

Edited by Joelinton7

3 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Interviewer: “Great celebrations when you scored. You kissed the badge. There’s been a  lot of talk about your future. You didn’t look like a player that has been unsettled in that moment”.

AG “No, I haven’t been (gives a bemused laugh). It’s quite hard as a player because you can’t really come out and say anything you just have to get on with stuff and focus on what’s important. I think fans can be guided by journalists, which is hard. I’ve never been in doubt here since the first day I came back for pre-season. It’s been quite hard for me that people have that perception of me (that he wanted to leave) at the minute, so that celebration was just to clarify that that’s not the case. I was planning that celebration and giving the fans that message for while but I hadn’t scored (at home) until today”.

“Heads a mess” rumours well and truly put to bed with no supper. 

Hold my hands up, I was one of the doubters thinking his head was turned and that was the reason for his performances so far this season. Well and truly proved that wrong there, great stuff.

19 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

“Heads a mess” rumours well and truly put to bed with no supper. Said he was almost in tears at the wor flags display. 

I mean… I told you that months ago 😜

I think he, Bruno and Big Joe are my favourite when they score. They go absolutely mad (Bruno does when anyone scores) and you see what it means to them. 

Happy he’s got his contract extension and a well deserved goal to celebrate. ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

Well to be fair it beats being chased down a street by an angry mob.

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I think he, Bruno and Big Joe are my favourite when they score. They go absolutely mad (Bruno does when anyone scores) and you see what it means to them. 

Happy he’s got his contract extension and a well deserved goal to celebrate. ❤️ 

Bruno goes mad when we win a tackle, a throw in, a free kick, a corner...

Look Brunos just mad in general! 🤣

57 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I mean… I told you that months ago 😜

No I was always in the “it’s complete bullshit” camp. The stories that were coming out about his head being a mess didn’t tally with the type of character we know Gordon to be. Downing tools is not in his nature. He didn’t even do it at Everton when he very easily could have (on the pitch I mean, obvs he kind of forced a move).

Really weird seeing the articles saying otherwise; all of them saying his head was turned and he wanted to go to boyhood club, etc. 

Love how he gives full, direct answers to every single question.