Anthony Gordon

Jack27

If he signs a 5 year contract, it's 8m of FFP cost per season. Reasonable enough for a young English player. 

I do trust Howe to get the most out of him and I'd suspect that Ashworth et al do too, that's why he's coming in.

I don't rate him and he's a cheating, emaciated smack rat

Would rather we signed Gordon, the fictional train from Thomas the Tank Engine.

Gordon's twisted glass jaw is just inviting punches like

On 19/10/2022 at 20:22, Kid Icarus said:

Gordon has been doing that lean in and go down routine for as long as he's been a player, the awful little rat.

On 22/01/2023 at 16:37, Kid Icarus said:

Diving rat 

WELCOME, MASTER SPLINTER!

That £45m will probably be worth it down the line. Yes looks a bit high but you won't get cheap players nowadays, espexially if you're Newcastle United.

I doubt Leicester would be happy with the same price for Maddisson now. More experience and better quality. He'll probably go for £50m upwards.

25 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

One point I'd also make is that (while I don't yet know the structure of the deal and what amount is payable depending on things happening), Arsenal got one hell of a deal on Trossard by comparison (if all figures to be believed). I'd have definitely paid the same amount for Trossard.

Just to play devil’s advocate. Trossard is 6 years older, had 6-18 months left on his contract depending on what was believed with his extension and of course he isn’t English. So no daft premium to pay. 

Gordon only signed a decent £45k a week 5 year contract only last year, didn’t he. I suppose he was also

pushing to leave, mind. 

Would have rather had Trossard. But I can see why Howe would want Gordon and thinks he can fit the system. Plus Arsenal are a more attractive club to join at this stage. 

Remember when we signed french players nobody heard of for £10m each. Now we sign English youngsters and they come at a premium however this kid is 21 years old and name another English 21 year old attacking midfielder with the same premier league experience as this kid.

Don't know why people are kicking off so much.

We hated him when he played against us and there's a reason and that's usually an advantage with a player when he's playing for you.

Can see good things when we are in transition. Which already has been a strength of us. Bruno feeding runs through the channels. Now please get a cm with creativity or some box to box that allows Bruno be more advanced at times 

I think there's less risk in this deal than people think. In three years he's still only 24 and English.

If he's awesome after some Howe coaching then we've won big time and could sell him for significantly more if we wanted to. If he's solid with some highs and lows and we continue to progress and bring in players past his level we'll probably get our money back in a couple years. In the worst case scenario where he really struggles and is mostly a squad player we probably still get roughly half the fee back from whoever the Nottingham Forest is in 2025/2026.