[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

43 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

It would be very odd for the club to release a statement at the start of the season saying I know we are in a second round game v Tranmere, but if we get to a cup final in 6 months time this will be the ticket allocation process [emoji38]

Liverpool Chelsea and several other clubs have done it this way over the last few years.

Not really, it'd just be transparent given they've not achieved this for what...18 years (a trip to a neutral stadium). There's a while generation of fans that wouldn't have had a clue...

40 minutes ago, huss9 said:

hope people dont start buying cup tickets just in the hope we get to a final.

at least pass them on to someone who can attend otherwise gonna have empty seats.

They absolutely will

Would be funny if everyone started buying up cup tickets with no intention of going ‘loyalty’ eh then the club changed the way they distribute final tickets :lol:

this ticket argument is part interesting and part really boring. As many have said the main issue is how many tickets are available to people that aren’t fans of the finalists. Club Wembley? What a lot of bollocks

Edited by gdm

11 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Looking at buying a ticket which I assume is man u end. Torn as I obviously want to be among fellow Newcastle fans but at least I'll be there.

I honestly don't think I could handle that. Especially if we lost. If the whole stadium was mixed, maybe. But not in with the Man Utd fans... I'd rather watch on TV.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I honestly don't think I could handle that. Especially if we lost. If the whole stadium was mixed, maybe. But not in with the Man Utd fans... I'd rather watch on TV.

Yer I'm really torn. I'm older and can probably keep myself safe but would I enjoy it. 

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

Is that right?  I don't recall attendance in a particular tournament ever being a determining factor for cup final tickets.  I'm not saying that shouldn't be the case, but I don't remember this being the case before.  Nor was it publicised.

My biggest issue is that club never made the criteria clear - doing so would have saved a lot of annoyance.

I don’t think any club is arrogant enough to confirm Cup Final ticket criteria before it’s reached the final. Maybe I’m wrong and there are those that do? 

If you are ever hoping to get a cup final ticket you should always be in the mindset of giving yourself the best chance and not wait on others to. So if you’ve a ST for example and not used it to buy your seats for earlier games you were always running a risk and going forward you will know that risk is real.

26 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Looking at buying a ticket which I assume is man u end. Torn as I obviously want to be among fellow Newcastle fans but at least I'll be there.

Maybe jump on youtube and watch some videos like this and work out if you could do it for 90+ minutes

19 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Yer I'm really torn. I'm older and can probably keep myself safe but would I enjoy it. 

If it helps i was inside Roker Park on the terraces on my own in 1996 when away fans were not allowed and we won 1-2. Wouldn’t of missed it for the world ?

Just now, LFEE said:

If it helps i was inside Roker Park on the terraces on my own in 1996 when away fans were not allowed and we won 1-2. Wouldn’t of missed it for the world ?

I was in clock paddock for O'brien Derby. Been in few home ends but not sure still.

Just a reminder not to get too excited and post your tickets on social media without the QR codes being obscured, incase you get to the turnstyles to find someone has just flashed a screenshot of it to get through before you...

There's never a perfect way to allocate tickets. I don't really agree with the huff that ST holders are always the most loyal though. I gave up mine when Bruce came in, and it was pure luck I got into the first 1000 in the queue in the summer. I'm probably not any more deserving than many members. You'll also get those who spend thousands on travel every year to get to SJP, but cannot make midweek games due to public transport or work or whatever so will struggle for cup games. The last train north is before 10pm from what I remember.

Personally think the loyalty points system needs overhauled as you certain people controlling tens of tickets. There are people with 50+ loyalty points who've barely been away, but what can you do. There'll never be a perfect system. We could go on and on about the fairness of any system or allocation of tickets.

25 minutes ago, Big River said:

:lol: fuck sake I'm already nervous about this. gonna have about 6 nervous poos on that Sunday morning

Same, I'm at that stage where I just want it to be over one way or another. I'm sure in the future when we're in cup finals all the time it won't induce this same level of sickness, but this first one is killing me.  

14 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Just a reminder not to get too excited and post your tickets on social media without the QR codes being obscured, incase you get to the turnstyles to find someone has just flashed a screenshot of it to get through before you...

Or, maybe you should but don't forget to post them on here. 

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Not really, it'd just be transparent given they've not achieved this for what...18 years (a trip to a neutral stadium). There's a while generation of fans that wouldn't have had a clue...

Well exactly, so why on earth would the club be able to predict that we would have reached a final last summer when we haven't for 18 years :lol:

24 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

For those who's tickets have arrived, has the game also disappeared from your history on the site?

Yes it’s disappeared.

Also for those asking no loyalty point gained for final.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I don’t think any club is arrogant enough to confirm Cup Final ticket criteria before it’s reached the final. Maybe I’m wrong and there are those that do? 

If you are ever hoping to get a cup final ticket you should always be in the mindset of giving yourself the best chance and not wait on others to. So if you’ve a ST for example and not used it to buy your seats for earlier games you were always running a risk and going forward you will know that risk is real.

Nailed it on both points.