[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

I've got an advance single for the return on Monday. Looks like I can get any train from  09:30, I'm aiming for 10:00. Any ideas if they will be restricting these tickets or is it a free for all. 

@STM I'm on the 0655. From what I can gather they have 2 carriages of unreserved seating first come first served. My ticket tells me to go to coach C. Ideally what you want is a train starting at Newcastle so it won't have any travellers from Edinburgh on it taking up seats. Going by the early departure of mine it should be starting in Newcastle I think but could be wrong though! Yours I'm not so sure. Yeah just take it in your stride mate would hate to be faced with this dilema and having the bairn with me. Hats off to you! [emoji38]

Our Bruno is going to dictate this game; I truly believe he will put in one of his all time best performances for us. I also get the sense that Miguel Almiron will also have one of those special peformances too. 

58 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

lner used to only have free drink with first class offer mon-fri so you might be disappointed 

Think it's seven days a week now starting at noon. But they have got worse and worse at distributing it. Tighter than a Scottish nun now. I reckon from Newcastle to London you'd be lucky to see the drinks trolley three times and strictly 1 drink per person per time.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Our Bruno is going to dictate this game; I truly believe he will put in one of his all time best performances for us. I also get the sense that Miguel Almiron will also have one of those special peformances too. 

Midfield is the one area I don't worry about. Casemiro is class but I think Bruno and Joelinton can match up to him and whoever partners him.

Weghorst is shite but I'm sort of hoping he's dropped for Sancho or Antony so Rashford is up front. I'd prefer Schar and Botman trying to stop him than Trippier or Burn at the minute.

3 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Think it's seven days a week now starting at noon. But they have got worse and worse at distributing it. Tighter than a Scottish nun now. I reckon from Newcastle to London you'd be lucky to see the drinks trolley three times and strictly 1 drink per person per time.

may as well byo the lager they sell is carlsberg isn’t it used to be Stella :-(

I genuinely believe that all this bullshit with Pope and Karius combined with the reversal of form for both clubs is all just part of the great story that will unfold on Sunday. We have more than a punchers chance and if we can be clinical for once we can fucking well do this. Call me deluded but that's how I'm going to look at it. It was never going to easy. Let's fucking have it!

Aye we're not huge outsiders at all. Play well and we can win. I reckon it was 40-60 in their favour after the Semi, probably 35-65 now with our form but it'd a good chance I reckon.

2 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

How do you think you will line up? Will it be Weghorst up front, Rashford and Antony on the wings with Fernendes at no 10 or does Rashford play cf now?

Please excuse the ignorance in the question, I don't get the time or opportunity to watch a lot of football that isn't nufc these days.

De Gea

AWB (possibly Dalot) 

Varane

Martinez

Shaw

Casemiro

Fred (possibly Sabitzer) 

Bruno Fernandes

Rashford 

Weghorst

Antony (possibly Sancho) 

Rashford will start on the left but depending on how the game goes you will see Weghorst drop into #10 to help with the press and Rashford will go through the middle. Bruno will fill in on the wings when necessary and has been creating a lot from there. 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Good chance Sancho starts over Antony, no? Unfortunately for us 

There's a chance, but Antony is the starter. ETH loves him and he fits the system better. 

Sancho starting to play very well too though so will have the opportunity tomorrow to get himself picked for Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Skip to 4 mins

I remember the two chances hitting the woodwork but forgot that Speed chance. Ouch man.

2 hours ago, frankpingel said:

It's always been around 7pm from memory. 

Hasn’t that been after the FA cup and in the spring/summer? 

may well be earlier not sure they’d want to show the cup off in the dark. 

anyway getting a head of ourselves 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Hasn’t that been after the FA cup and in the spring/summer? 

may well be earlier not sure they’d want to show the cup off in the dark. 

anyway getting a head of ourselves 

Aye your right, never thought it through. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Still can't believe Karius is is net for this. Some story if he plays a part in us winning it. 

I hope it’s very much like Conrad Logan at hibs. It’s very much that vibe :lol: came in for first game in over a year…overweight and had the game of his life 

After spending over a year out of the game, mainly due to injury, Logan signed for Scottish club Hibernian in March 2016. In his debut appearance for the club he made two saves in a penalty shoot-out earning them a place in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final, which they went on to win.

Edited by gdm