[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

2 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

How do you think you will line up? Will it be Weghorst up front, Rashford and Antony on the wings with Fernendes at no 10 or does Rashford play cf now?

Please excuse the ignorance in the question, I don't get the time or opportunity to watch a lot of football that isn't nufc these days.

De Gea

AWB (possibly Dalot) 

Varane

Martinez

Shaw

Casemiro

Fred (possibly Sabitzer) 

Bruno Fernandes

Rashford 

Weghorst

Antony (possibly Sancho) 

Rashford will start on the left but depending on how the game goes you will see Weghorst drop into #10 to help with the press and Rashford will go through the middle. Bruno will fill in on the wings when necessary and has been creating a lot from there. 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Good chance Sancho starts over Antony, no? Unfortunately for us 

There's a chance, but Antony is the starter. ETH loves him and he fits the system better. 

Sancho starting to play very well too though so will have the opportunity tomorrow to get himself picked for Sunday. 

2 hours ago, frankpingel said:

It's always been around 7pm from memory. 

Hasn’t that been after the FA cup and in the spring/summer? 

may well be earlier not sure they’d want to show the cup off in the dark. 

anyway getting a head of ourselves 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Hasn’t that been after the FA cup and in the spring/summer? 

may well be earlier not sure they’d want to show the cup off in the dark. 

anyway getting a head of ourselves 

Aye your right, never thought it through. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Still can't believe Karius is is net for this. Some story if he plays a part in us winning it. 

I hope it’s very much like Conrad Logan at hibs. It’s very much that vibe :lol: came in for first game in over a year…overweight and had the game of his life 

After spending over a year out of the game, mainly due to injury, Logan signed for Scottish club Hibernian in March 2016. In his debut appearance for the club he made two saves in a penalty shoot-out earning them a place in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final, which they went on to win.

Edited by gdm

3 hours ago, Miercoles said:

Did we really have a fucking parade for losing a final before?

Jesus Christ what a dire idea that is

don’t think it’s such a terrible idea tbh. It’s the type of thing people use to sell the club to other people. Shearer mentioned it to Rafa, when he was thinking about coming to the club and Rafa mentioned it as one of the things that sold him.

Reckon the team will be this:

Karius

Trippier   Schar   Botman   Burn

Longstaff   Bruno   Joelinton

Almiron                                ASM 

Isak

Bench:  Gillespie, Targett, Lascelles, Manquillo, Ritchie, Willock, Anderson, Murphy, Wilson 

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Starting to get emotional just thinking about Sunday now, 90 mins away from winning that first trophy sine 69. Hard to comprehend what this will mean to the city and black and whites everywhere if we pull this off.

Really trying not to think of it in all honesty 

18 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

don’t think it’s such a terrible idea tbh. It’s the type of thing people use to sell the club to other people. Shearer mentioned it to Rafa, when he was thinking about coming to the club and Rafa mentioned it as one of the things that sold him.

Maybe I'm too American for that shit, I dunno. Seems like 100% board-certified Wank to me.

I don't want to hate too much on people that enjoyed it, and I guess an FA Cup final is a bigger deal than League Cup, but still... Reminds me of a saying that gets used a lot in Baseball, "Act like you've been there before."

2 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

may as well byo the lager they sell is carlsberg isn’t it used to be Stella :-(

Think it's the small cans of Budvar they serve unless they've changed it the last few months. Decent lager tbf, just like I did they're tight as fuck with it. 

Edited by geordiesteve710