[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Managed to snag a last minute ticket. Feel very lucky.

My journey down is a bit of a fun one on Saturday like, Newcastle to York, York to Doncaster and then Doncaster to KGX. In first class for the big stretch so going to take advantage of the free/not free beers.

Stopping in Holborn Premier Inn - thankfully know the area quite well so happy enough. 

We'll have Bruno back, Karius is probably pound for pound the best goalkeeper in the world(?) and ManU will underestimate us. I'm trying my absolute hardest to gaslight myself into this being going well. 

1 hour ago, mattypnufc said:

My journey down is a bit of a fun one on Saturday like, Newcastle to York, York to Doncaster and then Doncaster to KGX. In first class for the big stretch so going to take advantage of the free/not free beers.

Stopping in Holborn Premier Inn - thankfully know the area quite well so happy enough. 

Cittie of York pub in Holborn is canny for a Sam Smiths. Was planning on maybe nipping in on Saturday if it's still there.

1 minute ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Cittie of York pub in Holborn is canny for a Sam Smiths. Was planning on maybe nipping in on Saturday if it's still there.

I work close to there and it still is a very good pub. Holborn will be dead on a Saturday though.

1 hour ago, mattypnufc said:

Surely that’s just the same train as all on same route? Is it not just a split ticket? 🙂

Just now, LFEE said:

Surely that’s just the same train as all on same route? Is it not just a split ticket? 🙂

Was just about to say that mines a split coming back  just kings cross to stevenage

Check your ticket and it will say its the same seat all journey

Nah it’s definitely a change at Donny. Nee idea why but 18min change. Might as the train guard if I can just stay on. 😂. Hoping the changes go to plan timewise. I suffer massively from travel anxiety for missing things. The kind of guy who turns up 40 mins beforehand. The kind of guy who rocks up to the airport 4 hours beforehand. 

52 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Nah it’s definitely a change at Donny. Nee idea why but 18min change. Might as the train guard if I can just stay on. 😂. Hoping the changes go to plan timewise. I suffer massively from travel anxiety for missing things. The kind of guy who turns up 40 mins beforehand. The kind of guy who rocks up to the airport 4 hours beforehand. 

Just check the display above your seat. If free from Doncaster stay seated and mouth shut. If not find a seat that is 🙂

18mins not the worst of waits though.

48 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Antony is fit for tomorrow so will be available Sunday. 

Not sure if you care about our team news but putting it in here anyway. :lol:

How's he been? My ill informed opinion is that he has improved from his start where he wouldn’t take a man on 

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

How's he been? My ill informed opinion is that he has improved from his start where he wouldn’t take a man on 

Just before he got injured he had massively improved in that regard. He was pretty shit but started to look good going forward. He's still the hardest working forward we have and his defensive work is very important. 

I can see Sancho starting against Barca and Antony starting against you. More pace to hurt Burn.

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Just before he got injured he had massively improved in that regard. He was pretty shit but started to look good going forward. He's still the hardest working forward we have and his defensive work is very important. 

I can see Sancho starting against Barca and Antony starting against you. More pace to hurt Burn.

See you could have said "More pace to Burn Burn" which sounds infinitely more cooler. I'm disappointed in you Froggy you're better than that :huff:

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

How do you think you will line up? Will it be Weghorst up front, Rashford and Antony on the wings with Fernendes at no 10 or does Rashford play cf now?

Please excuse the ignorance in the question, I don't get the time or opportunity to watch a lot of football that isn't nufc these days.

38 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If we lose, I'd like to think whoever is held most culpable in the court of public opinion, along with ASM, will be put in stocks and pelted with rotten tomatoes. 

Shame we can't recall Chris Wood from his loan.