[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Is it just me or is anyone else nervous about our defence all of a sudden? The past 2 games, we've been undone by two really straightforward goals from corners. And overall, the back 4 have been giving away the ball more often in the past 2 games than in the previous half of the season. Botman absolutely has given me the jitters when he tries to play a pass out from defence, Burn suddenly looks clumsy and makes fouls rather than win challenges. Goodness me, the defence was the least of my concern heading into the final, the worry was for the forward line lacking goals. But the past 2 games, it's really had my heart pulsing faster.

And also, I mentioned this during both games too that somehow, we are now struggling to keep hold of the ball when our backs are towards goal. Often, the pass is too fast or the 1st touch is bad but its irritated me. I'm just getting more nervous by the day and the past 2 games have not settled me down. I know, its just me and I probably should just shut the fuck up. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Is it just me or is anyone else nervous about our defence all of a sudden? The past 2 games, we've been undone by two really straightforward goals from corners. And overall, the back 4 have been giving away the ball more often in the past 2 games than in the previous half of the season. Botman absolutely has given me the jitters when he tries to play a pass out from defence, Burn suddenly looks clumsy and makes fouls rather than win challenges. Goodness me, the defence was the least of my concern heading into the final, the worry was for the forward line lacking goals. But the past 2 games, it's really had my heart pulsing faster.

And also, I mentioned this during both games too that somehow, we are now struggling to keep hold of the ball when our backs are towards goal. Often, the pass is too fast or the 1st touch is bad but its irritated me. I'm just getting more nervous by the day and the past 2 games have not settled me down. I know, its just me and I probably should just shut the fuck up. Sigh.

not me. we’ve only conceded 4 goals in the league since end of October lol 

6 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Just you

24 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

They really should just award it to Man United and put us out of our misery. 

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

We’re still weeks out from this and I’m already nervous. I think about it daily. I’m 35 Ffs. 

Just reframe it as ‘excitement’ instead of nerves :lol:

2 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I know what mean, I’ve observed similar things, with a touch of how do the defensive figures look so good when we’re looking a bit clumsy and nervous right across the backline. Feels like to the eye the number of unforced errors have rocketed but we haven’t really been punished (too much) as yet. Choosing to believe it is just a phase (tiredness, lack of Bruno as a lynchpin for last couple of games, normal ‘variation’ etc etc). Expected us to be on it at Bournemouth, maybe we’ll pop back into shape with a week’s rest/training, will settle for looking impenetrable again the following weekend! 

21 minutes ago, Adam said:

Total joke they haven't put more trains on, especially late on Sunday. 

They ain’t got the staff for the ones they’ve got running never mind running more ?

Edited by LFEE