[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Doesn't matter when you were born FFS, he's an inspirational speaker and a club legend. 

I remember Shay Given saying after a keegan was rehired,  he had hairs at the back of his neck standing up after one speech from Keegan. If he was good enough for Shay, he’ll be more than good enough for the current lot.

5 hours ago, nufcjb said:

What did Howe say?

He was being asked about ex players coming back to speak to the current squad and was asked if he planned on getting anyone in to speak before the final and he said something to the effect of.. “I’m looking at that, there’s one person I have in mind but nothing confirmed yet” It’s in the first few mins of the press conference 

Nothing would make the hairs stand up on the back of the neck like an old school rendition of Howay The Lads  ringing around Wembley just prior to kick off. 

Fuck this Bruno in the middle generic shite, get the Blaydon Races, N and an E and Wubble U C, We are the  Geordie boys, Geordie boot boys and Howay The Lads ringing out. 

Eddie Howe’s black and white army should get a non stop airing with our end bouncing for 10 mins.

Lets show the fucking world what we’re all about and make it a cauldron for the manc shite.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

The change from “We love you Newcastle, we do” still annoys…

I only realised the younguns have removed the “you” when I read it on here. But then on listening I picked up on it - it’s wrong and imho diminishes what the songs about 

16 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

i fucking hope not 

half of our players werent born when he was our manager

Errrrrmm, that is like a mind blowing statement. Quite apart from his association with this club. The only English player to win the ballon d’or twice, one of the most charismatic and inspirational men in football (anywhere, ever) who absolutely gets us and all that we have been and could be, and you don’t fancy him rocking up for a pep talk? 

Guest reefatoon
17 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

i fucking hope not 

half of our players werent born when he was our manager

What a fucking weird take.

1 hour ago, Wild Geese said:

Personally I don't know why we don't sing this anymore........

# 2 4 6 8...... who do we appreciate.....Newcastle Newcastle Newcastle #

# There's only one United and they call us Newcastle....Newcastle#

never heard any of them. I really like the United one. Especially for next weekend!

I'm way out of touch with the ins and outs of blighty.....

Just seen online that you can order the Carabao Cup Final Programme, for 10 pounds which is reasonable, but they want 12 pound 50 postage, that seems a bit steep, is it ?

Postage to Australia

6 minutes ago, Wild Geese said:

I'm way out of touch with the ins and outs of blighty.....

Just seen online that you can order the Carabao Cup Final Programme, for 10 pounds which is reasonable, but they want 12 pound 50 postage, that seems a bit steep, is it ?

Postage to Australia

Quite fancy one of them if we win :lol: I’ve got the fairs cup final programme somewhere. Got it when I was obsessed with eBay in early 2000s 

in regards to postage I think that’s pretty normal to Australia.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Quite fancy one of them if we win :lol: I’ve got the fairs cup final programme somewhere. Got it when I was obsessed with eBay in early 2000s 

in regards to postage I think that’s pretty normal to Australia.

I've all the fairs cup programmes as well, I've got boxes of programmes, it drives ower lass mad ha ha

Cheers for the reply mate

14 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Nothing would make the hairs stand up on the back of the neck like an old school rendition of Howay The Lads  ringing around Wembley just prior to kick off. 

Fuck this Bruno in the middle generic shite, get the Blaydon Races, N and an E and Wubble U C, We are the  Geordie boys, Geordie boot boys and Howay The Lads ringing out. 

Eddie Howe’s black and white army should get a non stop airing with our end bouncing for 10 mins.

Lets show the fucking world what we’re all about and make it a cauldron for the manc shite.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u33aBKB6k9o

Left it till now, in the slim hope of getting cup final tickets, after failing in period 4 ballot . Now hoping to sell my train tickets and hotel in Covent Garden , to someone who can use them . Two return train tickets , ( pre booked seats ) Newcastle to King’s Cross on 25/2/23 coming back early morning Monday 27/2/23. Hotel for 2 nights for 2 persons in drury lane . Looking to get £500 for everything . ( cost me £625 ) anyone interested text me on 07734961595 . Cheers