[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Shout out to this incredible opening gambit from The Chronicle

'Newcastle United will be without the suspended Nick Pope for the Carabao Cup final but the Magpies know they can ensure Loris Karius has little to do by simply protecting his goal'

Have woken up this morning in far more relaxed mindset. I’ll be nervous around match time for excitement but fuck it man. 

It’s up to our players and Howe to keep the game in front of Lorius and get on with it. Id be more worried if Joelinton or Botman or Trippier couldn’t play. I assume our main 9-10 players are fit and willock will play or be on bench. It’s one hit. Time to do it. We have proven earlier this season we have been able to go toe to toe with the best. We used to fear nobody. We know Man United’s threats. There’s no excuse for missing those. We will have a plan and we will execute. 

Come on Newcastle!

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Will this be the first time you've played at the new Wembley? It is, isn't it?

Not including games against Spurs, yes.

However fellow Tyneside teams have done well at the new Wembley, Whitley Bay, North Shields, and Hebburn all winning cup finals there.

Edited by Stifler

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Rashford has scored 16 from an xg of 8.5 or something, apparently. Crazy compared to how poor he looked last year. I remember when they came up here - apart from one shot, he was misplacing simple passes etc. 

He still does this. :lol: He's just not dragging everything wide now. As his confidence grows with the goalscoring though that side of his game is starting to improve as well.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

Anything near reputable reselling any tickets for this?

Have a friend who is willing to pay pretty reasonable coin but it's an obvious minefield.

Club Wembley have said they’re cancelling any tickets sold on resale sites. Not sure how they’ll be able to do that but there’s always a risk.

The only way to guarantee a ticket is to take out the 3 year club Wembley membership which will set you back about £7.5k in total. Gets you all england games, Fa Cup semis and final, carabao cup final and charity shield. You can sell any tickets you can’t use on their portal but it’s obviously a risk you may be stuck with tickets you don’t want.

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

Club Wembley have said they’re cancelling any tickets sold on resale sites. Not sure how they’ll be able to do that but there’s always a risk.

The only way to guarantee a ticket is to take out the 3 year club Wembley membership which will set you back about £7.5k in total. Gets you all england games, Fa Cup semis and final, carabao cup final and charity shield. You can sell any tickets you can’t use on their portal but it’s obviously a risk you may be stuck with tickets you don’t want.

Yeah not sure she's willing to drop the amount for CW as unlikely she would make any of the other events, nor want too.

Imagine it's the same for a lot.

I called the club this morning to ask whether it would be possible to regrade a ticket that I bought using my dads season ticket as he is now unsure whether he can go due to his health.  I wanted to make it into an adult ticket so that I can give it (FOC) to a friend of mine.  The girl on the phone told me that they were not doing any regrading and that if he is not going they would expect me to return the ticket so they can refund me the 21Quid that it cost.  I said I was going to keep it in case he changes his mind to go but, if he doesnt someone else would use it.

Then I was told that if the ticket was used by anyone other than my dad they would then review his right to own a season ticket and potentially exclude him from St James'....  I mean WTF?

He is 83 with terminal lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos when he was younger.  Are they really going to do that?

In recent weeks when he hasn't been going I have paid to upgrade his season ticket to an adult every time - the user is never challenged at ST James' even though the yellow light comes on when the ticket is scanned.

I am a bit pissed off with the club over this, trying to do the right thing and I end up with a threat hanging over my head as to whether I should just send the Wembley ticket back....

I am honestly giving his ticket to my friend for nothing.  It is not like I am trying to sell it for hundreds...

Anyone have any experience of Wembley and how likely it is that we would be challenged?

All three tickets I have are identical, they all have the full price printed on but, two of them - my dads and my sons have the letter C (assume for concession) written on in pen.  will that effect the bar code and will it somehow behave differently on teh entry point at Wembley?