Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Anyone bit the bullet and purchased any tickets on the secondary market yet, tickets for our end are priced higher than the mancs currently which shows the level of demand already.

Keep seeing this…when did they decide the ends? How do people know where to buy for?

No chance I'll be watching at home - this isn't Burnley (H), it's a cup final.

Assuming that a few big screens will be around town, I think I'd rather be there than London - although travelling down there for work is a regular occurrence.

No chance of a ticket, except perhaps through work colleagues. Fingers crossed.

Hmmm, first time I thought of this but perhaps I could head down to Brits Pub (I've been there many times) to watch the match. Only problem it'll be 10:30am here and I'd have to get a bitter straight away.

That might be quite fun. 

I just emailed my mate who moved away to a farm in Wisconsin like 20 years ago.. I got him to be a Newcastle fan in the 90's and this crazy fucker worked at Northwest Airlines in the US and flew to Heathrow from Minnesota. Rented a car, drove to Newcastle, drove to London and flew home immediately.

He's a 45 minute drive to Brits but I hope he can go.

It's Siberian weather here butt in the summer lawn bowling on the roof.

image.thumb.png.70a85c982c899656c839eec5bb227045.png

7 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I accrued well over a 100 points and passed them to a friend when I left the country - I use them when I go back, but obviously he's going to want to go to this one, so I wouldn't be able to get a ticket through normal channels. I gambled and bought a re-sale Club Wembley ticket the night we were drawn against Southampton. It was extortionate, but looks like a bargain compared to what they're up to now. When I bought them it didn't let you choose an end (as it did later). I e-mailed and asked for our end weeks ago, they said they'd try, but I can't bank on it. I'll be flying from Vancouver for the match. I'll probably work remotely in Newcastle for the week before going back. Not sure about accom yet, might stay with a friend. I don't really earn enough to live like this but I'd be devastated not to be there - and I've got a credit card loaded with debt, what's a bit more :lol:

Love my boss for making the 'hey I need to leave Canada for a bit for a football match' conversation easy. Just ended an e-mail to me with 'PS Going to Wembley?!'. :lol: He's a Canadian toon fan.

Assume there's no chance of getting a ticket for a reasonable price, so I'm gonna head down to Wembley during the day (about 10 minutes away) then bugger off home an hour before kickoff for a pre-match dump. O0

Going to try to get tickets for me and the bairn but I don’t think it’ll happen. If not, at home on the sofa with him in his full Bruno kit I imagine. Took him to the SF which was nice as his previous cup game (and first game ever) was Cambridge [emoji38]. He’s unbeaten since then though. Brighton, Wolves, Leicester, Brentford, Leeds, Southampton. Little fella’s a good luck charm.

6 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Anyone bit the bullet and purchased any tickets on the secondary market yet, tickets for our end are priced higher than the mancs currently which shows the level of demand already.

Took a punt after the quarters and bought some off Seat Unique. I assumed they were legit as they sponsor Durham CCC :lol: . They were £500 each including VAT and fees. They’ve now hiked the price to about £2,500 each.

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Took a punt after the quarters and bought some off Seat Unique. I assumed they were legit as they sponsor Durham CCC :lol: . They were £500 each including VAT and fees. They’ve now hiked the price to about £2,500 each.

I fucking hope so cos that's where I got mine. I paid about 800 including the VAT and fees. I missed a lower price by maybe an hour after the Southampton draw was made, but got in hours before they went up more. Extortionate but feel like I got a bargain now :lol:

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

Can people remind me based on the previous finals - does it tend to be Trafalgar the day before and Wembley Way the day of? 

Covent Garden/West End pubs then everyone descended on Trafalgar. We took over all the Wembley pubs in previous visits, however this year we’ll be allocated certain ones based on which side of stadium where put. Drinking on Wembley Way has been clamped down on so won’t also be like previous visits. Baker Street will be rammed with Newcastle as a good stop off on way to Wembley.

12 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I fucking hope so cos that's where I got mine. I paid about 800 including the VAT and fees. I missed a lower price by maybe an hour after the Southampton draw was made, but got in hours before they went up more. Extortionate but feel like I got a bargain now :lol:

Aye they shot up really quickly. I’ve been checking the price now on a daily basis to see how much people are paying now. I think I’d have paid up to £1k a ticket and then I’d have bailed. I know one lad who had 4 in his basket at £500 each and by the time he’d got to checkout they’d upped it to £800 and the system booted him out. He was fuming :lol: 

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Aye they shot up really quickly. I’ve been checking the price now on a daily basis to see how much people are paying now. I think I’d have paid up to £1k a ticket and then I’d have bailed. I know one lad who had 4 in his basket at £500 each and by the time he’d got to checkout they’d upped it to £800 and the system booted him out. He was fuming :lol: 

:lol:

I've been checking loads too. Made me feel better about blowing as much as I did.