Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

In American sports where there are salary caps, etc are figures linked to income, or can the smallest team spend the same in theory as the biggest?

Nope, its the same cap for all teams.

8 hours ago, andyc35i said:

There’s no way Leicester will accept a massive points deduction like that and I’m sure they’ll fight this to the highest court possible 

They aren’t accepting it.

22 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

They aren’t accepting it.

Hoping someone can blow the whole concept of it apart and we start again with something that isn’t loaded dice for the Sinister Six.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Hoping someone can blow the whole concept of it apart and we start again with something that isn’t loaded dice for the Sinister Six.

Absolutely, I’m not against controls but it has to encourage sporting balance and not tilt the table in the favour of the established clubs and then lock all avenues for other clubs to try and compete with them. 

And it’s easy to do, it’s just the will doesn’t exist all of these clubs are looking back and not forward. 

Allowing teams who play in Europe to spend more just as all of their beloved 6 qualify for Europe :lol: 

What a fucking farce.

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Allowing teams who play in Europe to spend more just as all of their beloved 6 qualify for Europe :lol: 

What a fucking farce.

If true, and not PSR relief for the rest of the league, we’ve got to stop being such a board of soft cocks and flag the collusion around this. Is this the 5th anti-NUFC move they’ve taken?

So basically , if you are are in Europe we will let you spend more to help ensure you keep qualifying for Europe, which ensures any teams not in Europe are automatically handicapped making it harder for them to qualify for Europe . I can see why the big 6 want this but why on earth would anyone else vote for it ?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

So basically , if you are are in Europe we will let you spend more to help ensure you keep qualifying for Europe, which ensures any teams not in Europe are automatically handicapped making it harder for them to qualify for Europe . I can see why the big 6 want this but why on earth would anyone else vote for it ?

Exactly. Why would Palace propose it? Ambitions and all that but! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Exactly. Why would Palace propose it? 

Yeah a few good results at the end of the season and all of a sudden Palace think they are going to be European regulars .

Posted (edited)

I think in principal as a fingers up to the bullshit European coefficient prize money rules it makes sense.  I just don't see how it can work in practice given the UEFA spending rules.  

If there is away around the UEFA rules and we are going to add this back date it a few years though.  So we get the spend we would have last year.  Adding this now does after we have suffered from this does stink.

Maybe this is a sign that the premier league does have some appetite to start fighting back against the UEFA rules.  If they don't they're just going to eventually give up the leagues position of financial dominance.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

56 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Exactly. Why would Palace propose it? Ambitions and all that but! 

Sinister Six cucks.

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Go on Leicester.

Go on NDM.

It makes you wonder what football would've been like over the past 10-15 years if FFP had never existed. Maybe it would've been a golden age for Leicester, Everton and Wolves. Of course, it would've meant the likes of the Glazers would've had to have pulled their finger out too.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Go on NDM.

It makes you wonder what football would've been like over the past 10-15 years if FFP had never existed. Maybe it would've been a golden age for Leicester, Everton and Wolves. Of course, it would've meant the likes of the Glazers would've had to have pulled their finger out too.

Interesting thought, I wonder if it would just end up with city out spending them all though. I also think it’s unlikely PIF would have ended up with us in that situation as well, I’m sure the American owners Of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United would have looked to sold if they couldn’t maintain the artificial barrier they erected. 

1 hour ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I think in principal as a fingers up to the bullshit European coefficient prize money rules it makes sense.  I just don't see how it can work in practice given the UEFA spending rules.  

If there is away around the UEFA rules and we are going to add this back date it a few years though.  So we get the spend we would have last year.  Adding this now does after we have suffered from this does stink.

Maybe this is a sign that the premier league does have some appetite to start fighting back against the UEFA rules.  If they don't they're just going to eventually give up the leagues position of financial dominance.  

It's not really a fingers up to them considering the reason behind the coefficient payments was to just about guarantee certain clubs a load of extra cash they weren't going to get by not pushing ahead with a super league.

This proposal is a no goer unless there's something in the small print we ain't seen yet.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Interesting thought, I wonder if it would just end up with city out spending them all though. I also think it’s unlikely PIF would have ended up with us in that situation as well, I’m sure the American owners Of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United would have looked to sold if they couldn’t maintain the artificial barrier they erected. 

City definitely would. As you indicate, it would've changed the behaviours of the established clubs too so you can't say what would've happened with too much certainty.

It's very likely it would've helped force bad owners out of football more quickly who were otherwise benefiting from doing nothing, including Ashley. I'm sure the overall situation would've been much healthier.

Yeah parish looks like a brown noser mind. He seems to side with the top brass even though palace are non entity in the league no ambitions what so ever. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, 54 said:

Totally legitt:

Wolves version of NO has claimed Debet is an illegal Vietnamese gambling firm, and that they've (Wolves) have had ties with other "illegal" firms.

Illegal meaning in their own countries and do as little as necessary over here. Wolves fans don't seem too happy with their club.

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/debet.739515/

And the original article... https://josimarfootball.com/2024/05/29/same-as-it-ever-was/

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

Wolves version of NO has claimed Debet is an illegal Vietnamese gambling firm, and that they've (Wolves) have had ties with other "illegal" firms.

Illegal meaning in their own countries and do as little as necessary over here. Wolves fans don't seem too happy with their club.

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/debet.739515/

Aye yeah, basically offshore gaming. As it’s online it’s extremely difficult to police especially as this kind of gambling is illegal in a lot of Asia.