Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Thinking of inventing a new game next season of Fantasy Legal and Accountancy Football League.

It ditches all the boring football bits and really focuses on the minutiae of financial results and their legal interpretation across both domestic and European competitions.

Who's in?

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would this being voted through next week affect anything for the June deadline ?

Why don't we just sell a fringe player to Villa and they sell us one back to the same value on June 30th, for £30m. We're not related parties, so it's fine.

We both take all the sales proceeds this year, and only each take one days worth of the amortisation in the period on the player neither of us wants, allowing us both to meet the FFP limit, with no need for tedious votes.

See? My new game is really going to catch on.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The people governing the game have successfully managed to make the off pitch stuff impact the on pitch stuff rather than the other way round :slowclap:

Aye, it's getting absolutely ridiculous now. Sure, money and finances has been important in football for as long as I've been a fan at least, but nowadays to be a clued up fan we need to be fucking experts in accounting and understanding of how billion pound companies operate. This isnt sustainable, people will start losing interested when you cant even look at a table without thinking about who has or might get the next arbitrary point deduction. 

Really miss the days of just being able to judge a transfer in terms of a) is the player any good and then b) is he better than similarly priced players. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Eh? Arsenal spurs Liverpool Brighton and a few others are absolutely loving life. 

For now. Amazing how this stuff comes around. Just wait until Liverpool starting making transfer errors in under a new manager and then find themselves needing more cash flow.

Just now, STM said:

For now. Amazing how this stuff comes around. Just wait until Liverpool starting making transfer errors in under a new manager and then find themselves needing more cash flow.

The rule is changing to squad cost ratio soon though, which is even better for the established big clubs. 

9 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Thinking of inventing a new game next season of Fantasy Legal and Accountancy Football League.

It ditches all the boring football bits and really focuses on the minutiae of financial results and their legal interpretation across both domestic and European competitions.

Who's in?

N de Marco FWD 13.5m

5 hours ago, healthyaddiction said:

Not in the Premier League are they.

Arh yeh, different sport init.

21 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Not sure how we'd have gotten into that position. Maybe banking on a higher league finish? That's if it's even true. Whatever, you'd think it can't be over by much.

So either sell a fringe player or two, or challenge the ruling endlessly, dispute any points deduction to get it reduced, which surely won't be that much in the first place, and then start on minus a couple of points along with a third of the league, rather than sell anyone we don't want to.

Failing that, hope Man City win their case, and announce a bumper shoelace sponsor on June 30.

I’d assume any projected missed income would be not having Europe post Christmas. Like Europa and QFs, that would’ve been like £5m if that? Easily covered by one of the fringe players moving on like Almiron / Wilson /Targett etc. in that time. 

17 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Who's in?

You got a discount code for this? Or if it’s not at that stage I’d be happy to drop a five figure sum into a kickstarter / crowdfunder

We have consitently been saying since the new owners have arrived, that we will comply with FFP, so bar a total fuck up somewhere in the accounting process, I do not believe we will have gone over the limit.  I am sure they based all the scenario's on worst case outcomes this season - at least you would hope they had.  

Forest only got 4 points for c.£30M over and we cannot be that bad. So if we have surely only a couple of points to worry about.

1 minute ago, Dan Gleebals said:

We have consitently been saying since the new owners have arrived, that we will comply with FFP, so bar a total fuck up somewhere in the accounting process, I do not believe we will have gone over the limit.  I am sure they based all the scenario's on worst case outcomes this season - at least you would hope they had.  

Forest only got 4 points for c.£30M over and we cannot be that bad. So if we have surely only a couple of points to worry about.

Aye but that was just Forest, not dirty filthy Newcastle that must be stopped, to the point where new rules are introduced. 

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Villa in the top 4 and we're in a title race. 

Us on the top 4 last season.

Now we both need to sell. PSR working exactly as intended. Absolute bollocks. 

Yup it’s a perfect demonstration of how FFP is actually work. 

Protects club? No look at Everton. 
creates an even playing field? No if you compare historic spend since the start of the PL era both ourselves and Villa spending would pale in comparison  

If we do need to sell, I wonder how much we need to raise. It can’t be much as other than Bruno and Isak we don’t really have anyone who will get us good money.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If we do need to sell, I wonder how much we need to raise. It can’t be much as other than Bruno and Isak we don’t really have anyone who will get us good money.

If this is true(have many doubts) then theres absolutely no chance we would be talking about paying off Haydens i thinks contract as that would cost us £1m+ at least. Everything the clubs been doing the last year or so suggests we arent over the limit

Do you still give people who are out of contract a loyalty payoff? Remember Owen and Smith getting a canny earner, if so we could have saved a few quid by giving those 5 a months contract til the new season :lol:

Edited by Fezzle

33 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Who's in?

The TV adaptation would be an inversion of the original and have statto's hosting it, in the audience and watching and some boring weirdo interjecting with football related banter, jokes and updates.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If our situation is so dire that we need to sell one of our jewels then our ownership is totally incompetent. 

Edited by r0cafella

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If our situation is so dire that we need to sell one of our jewels are ownership is totally incompetent. 

I honestly don’t believe we “need” to sell. Doesn’t mean we won’t. No Crown Jewels mind. Suppose accounts will eventually confirm this one way or other. 

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

I honestly don’t believe we “need” to sell. Doesn’t mean we won’t. No Crown Jewels mind. Suppose accounts will eventually confirm this one way or other. 

The accounts don’t reveal FFP calculations. And yes, my IF is doing a lot of heavy lifting intentionally so. 

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

We will be docked points well before our accounts become public if Sky already know then you can bet the league will want it done asap. You cant possibly have 6/7 teams getting deductions after the accounts surface around April, would be a farcical end to the season :lol:

3 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

We will be docked points well before our accounts become public if Sky already know then you can bet the league will want it done asap. You cant possibly have 6/7 teams getting deductions after the accounts surface around April, would be a farcical end to the season :lol:

Hopefully the are just speculating. Edging their bets that those teams may sell. Not sure at what point or how soon it  would have to be confirmed if there was a breach.