Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

If PIF wanted they could do a Real Madrid and make the new stadium include a shopping centre, a hotel, whatever man. All revenue.

The power of Owners means we don't have the same limitations as most other aspiring clubs. The only limitation is their ambition and the scope of investment they are willing to provide. Like I've said elsewhere, money for transfers is easy (for them). 

4 hours ago, andyc35i said:

I want these PSR rules to change like everyone, but you can’t allow state owned teams like ourselves and Man City to be free from any restraint. All that would do is end up with both teams at the top and nobody else able to get close 

Be class 

39 minutes ago, Roids said:

'Left foot, right foot, headed goals, pace, great strike, clever runs, tracking back and tackling, nice passes, footballing brain...'

Most of these apply to Murphy

Murphy seems to lack the self belief and drive that Gordon has and that is a huge part of being an elite sportsman

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I'd still question the idea that PIF would just pour money into the club for transfers were it not for PSR.  They haven't maximised what they can do within the rules, never mind bending or breaking them.

Let me get this straight: you'd consider PIF "pouring money into the club for transfers were it nor for PSR" bending or breaking the rules? Seems pretty evident to me that PIF have so far invested to the limit allowed by the rules. If that limit changes, it stands to reason that they'd invest more. Would it be limitless, silly levels of spending that would blow everybody else out of the water? Probably not, seeing as recent quotes suggest they want to build NUFC as a best in class operation, not just a team assembled in one or two transfer windows by throwing a few billion around in transfer fees. Thankfully so too.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

If PIF wanted they could do a Real Madrid and make the new stadium include a shopping centre, a hotel, whatever man. All revenue.

The power of Owners means we don't have the same limitations as most other aspiring clubs. The only limitation is their ambition and the scope of investment they are willing to provide. Like I've said elsewhere, money for transfers is easy (for them). 

Where would they build this new stadium? Isn't there already a census of some sort being carried out gathering opinion of whether fans would be on board with moving to a new stadium? I think this is already in progress.

4 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Let me get this straight: you'd consider PIF "pouring money into the club for transfers were it nor for PSR" bending or breaking the rules? Seems pretty evident to me that PIF have so far invested to the limit allowed by the rules. If that limit changes, it stands to reason that they'd invest more. Would it be limitless, silly levels of spending that would blow everybody else out of the water? Probably not, seeing as recent quotes suggest they want to build NUFC as a best in class operation, not just a team assembled in one or two transfer windows by throwing a few billion around in transfer fees. Thankfully so too.

And that’s what I’m talking about - silly, football-breaking funds.  They’d invest and improve, but it wouldn’t be a bottomless pit.  I get the impression that some of our support thinks that if PSR disappeared we’d be spending hundreds of millions each windoe

I think he's got a point. It's still an authority criticising a body which is one of the mechanisms that is intended to prevent it from exceeding or misplacing it's powers.

Edited by The Prophet

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Pretty sure ticket sales don’t make a significant difference to PSR/FFP. Certainly not enough to rip your own fans off.

Villa Park has a 42k capacity so if you hike every ticket by £40 for 4 CL games you’ve got an extra £6.7m. The corporate tickets have probably been hiked even further, I reckon their new prices have maybe made the club an extra £10m versus keeping their regular prices. And that’s just on the hike, its pure profit.

Financially it makes perfect sense, under PSR even clubs whose owners are prepared to fund them are incentivised to fleece fans to boost revenue.

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

Villa Park has a 42k capacity so if you hike every ticket by £40 for 4 CL games you’ve got an extra £6.7m. The corporate tickets have probably been hiked even further, I reckon their new prices have maybe made the club an extra £10m versus keeping their regular prices. And that’s just on the hike, its pure profit.

Financially it makes perfect sense, under PSR even clubs whose owners are prepared to fund them are incentivised to fleece fans to boost revenue.

Their owners about a year ago said they wouldn’t expand the stadium because they didn’t want fans to miss out during rebuilding..That would have been a massive red flag for me, now given these ticket price increases, it’s obvious they are there for a quick buck.

2 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

But if less people can afford to buy all 4 home game tickets the increase will be less

11 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

They will sell out every game. 

To be fair they have some tasty fixtures.

However when Uefa have capped away tickets at 60 pounds, it's doesn't sit right that they charge 50 percent more for home tickets.

Maybe exec boxes as an exception but I think their should be an upper limit for all tickets