Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

The least we should demand is a name change. A system whereby some clubs are specifically barred from spending as much on players as others in the same competition is anything but fair.

Calling it FFP is like 'People's Democratic Republic'.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

So are Everton still not in a relegation battle then. 

They have 2 weeks to lodge an appeal/defence. A committee will look at the evidence, look at their defence, and determine if they are guilty and hand out the punishment no later than 12 weeks from now.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Sky have just put the time line up, the final decision is made 6 days after the season ends 

This is all such a big mess. Meanwhile Man City keep hovering up europes talent.

Chelsea keep buying and then loaning players out and selling them for a profit.

This is getting worse and worse for the Premier league and the Cartel clubs, there is going to have to be some kind of independent review of FFP as they are all just looking more corrupt by the day.

The more I look at it the more our guys have played a blinder by rigidly sticking to the rules, that in itself has got all the talk about the richest club in the world that the media stirred up and the fact we can't spend is becoming more and more in focus for everyone and when historic clubs like Forrest and Everton are suffering, yes their own fault for spending poorly, it has got to be better for everyone.

Bring on the independent regulators.

Edited by MagMal

2 minutes ago, MagMal said:

This is getting worse and worse for the Premier league and the Cartel clubs, there is going to have to be some kind of independent review of FFP as they are all just looking more corrupt by the day.

The more I look at it the more our guys have played a blinder by rigidly sticking to the rules, that in itself has got all the talk about the richest club in the world that the media stirred up and the fact we can spend is becoming more and more in focus for everyone and when historic clubs like Forrest and Everton are suffering, yes their own fault for spending poorly, it has got to be better for everyone.

Bring on the independent regulators.

There has to be a better way for FFP to work which isn’t restrictive but still protects the club.

Owners should be allowed to put in as much money as they like and it count towards FFP with the caveat that they won’t take that money back out directly.

Obviously I’m not biased.

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

Sky have just put the time line up, the final decision is made 6 days after the season ends 

Sky have it wrong. The decision will be made at the beginning of April.

I know it's EFL not PL but the shit going down at Reading is the type of scenario FFP and Ownership Tests should be protecting clubs against isn't it ? 

Not a vehicle to prevent clubs with massive resources from spending money on players

Reading have owner who'd already bankrupted 2 football clubs but was still allowed to buy Reading. They've been docked 16 points in 2 years for financial issues and they're now on the verge of being liquidated too

So the EFL are now releasing statements asking him to invest or sell

It's the very definition of closing stable door after horse has bolted

Edited by bobbydazzla

15 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

There has to be a better way for FFP to work which isn’t restrictive but still protects the club.

Owners should be allowed to put in as much money as they like and it count towards FFP with the caveat that they won’t take that money back out directly.

Obviously I’m not biased.

I think someone suggested a squad salary cap the other day which I think would be a good idea, followed by limits on squad numbers and players on loan, then in theory you are not capping one person's wages and if everyone has the same size squad people can't abuse things and come up with ideas like 5 subs etc.

Transfer fees would still be stupid but at least that would give smaller clubs more opportunity to invest windfall fees as they would know that clubs of their similar size had the same player structure as them and the larger clubs would have to move players on at more reasonable fees, it would encourage more local player development.

Edited by MagMal

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:lol:

Farcical. Everton are guilty of wrongdoing, but the rules are completely unfit for purpose. Farcical.

I can't help but laugh at when clubs call out "the Premier League" for various things. The clubs are the Premier League.

So the rules might not be fit for purpose, but Everton most likely nodded them through and now want to kick up when they're in the dock. Idiots.

Edited by Kilcline

26 minutes ago, MagMal said:

I think someone suggested a squad salary cap the other day which I think would be a good idea, followed by limits on squad numbers and players on loan, then in theory you are not capping one person's wages and if everyone has the same size squad people can't abuse things and come up with ideas like 5 subs etc.

Transfer fees would still be stupid but at least that would give smaller clubs more opportunity to invest windfall fees as they would know that clubs of their similar size had the same player structure as them and the larger clubs would have to move players on at more reasonable fees, it would encourage more local player development.

Yes squad salary caps could be introduced but then the best teams would structure pay deals in all sorts of ways.

Scrap FFP. Just ensure that teams can’t spend beyond their means.

Remove the restrictions of market value commercial deals. If people want to spunk money like Everton let them do it. The money flows through the pyramid anyways.

31 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I know it's EFL not PL but the shit going down at Reading is the type of scenario FFP and Ownership Tests should be protecting clubs against isn't it ? 

Not a vehicle to prevent clubs with massive resources from spending money on players

Reading have owner who'd already bankrupted 2 football clubs but was still allowed to buy Reading. They've been docked 16 points in 2 years for financial issues and they're now on the verge of being liquidated too

So the EFL are now releasing statements asking him to invest or sell

It's the very definition of closing stable door after horse has bolted

FFP wasn’t designed for that though. For the good of football clubs.

It was designed to protect the product and the status quo.

51 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

This is all such a big mess. Meanwhile Man City keep hovering up europes talent.

Chelsea keep buying and then loaning players out and selling them for a profit.

City keep hoovering up Europe’s talent, please explain who that talent is, names please ?

At least Man City keep buying well. Chelsea are a shambles and still haven’t really faced any long-term impact of being a financial and operational mess despite having everything weighted in their favour