Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aren't they re writing the rules in August anyway ?

Think so. Man U aren't happy as current rules are impacting them now. Timing hey.

16 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I’m a massive hypocrite but I want us to spend billions and win everything, mainly because it’s been shit being a Newcastle fan for fucking ages. Now it’s shit because we’re so fucking close and there’s a massive brick wall up in front of the opposition goal.

It's like double jeopardy with the same rival clubs benefitting from both states. 

Just for people that are saying smash FFP to the tune of £200m and take the 10 point deduction, it doesn’t work like that, the formula is calculated as 6 pts for breaching the threshold and then 1 pt additionally for every 5m the threshold is breached, so if we smashed it by £200m the points deduction would be 46 points, and if we broke it by that amount, it’s likely that we would break FFP the next 2 years (3 year rolling cycle) so would end up with 20-30 points deductions for the following 2 years 

Edited by nufcnick

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Just for people that are saying smash FFP to the tune of £200m and take the 10 point deduction, it doesn’t work like that, the formula is calculated as 6 pts for breaching the threshold and then 1 pt additionally for every 5m the threshold is breached, so if we smashed it by £200m the points deduction would be 46 points, and if we broke it by that amount, it’s likely that we would break FFP the next 2 years (3 year rolling cycle) so would end up with 20-30 points deductions for the following 2 years 

59 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

After 3 years we will be smashing it though.:mancini:

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

After 3 years we will be smashing it though.:mancini:

Might as well do it! It's gonna take that long anyway. Sad truth is I'm only half joking!

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

😆

I never watch SSN anymore. When did they decide to try and look like they're just chilling on a podcast or something? Looks utter shite.

That's my focus because I don't have the energy to get annoyed at the inevitable exoneration of Man City. 

Edited by wormy

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

I never watch SSN anymore. When did they decide to try and look like they're just chilling on a podcast or something? Looks utter shite.

That's my focus because I don't have the energy to get annoyed at the inevitable exoneration of Man City. 

But but.......... Man City's is complicated. 

10 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Don’t know if this has been asked here already but does anyone know if Everton will get another deduction this season or will it be for next?

If their appeal over the current 10-point deduction is unsuccessful and the latest charge is upheld then they'll get any additional punishment this season.

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

If their appeal over the current 10-point deduction is unsuccessful and the latest charge is upheld then they'll get any additional punishment this season.

I heard on 5 Live that the appeal and the new punishment all have to be sorted by the end of the season? 

Seems like it was lose-lose for Forest getting promoted like. Either spend huge to stay up then take the deduction down the line probably leading to relegation, or do a Norwich and go down meekly. FFP can piss off.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

12 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

This explains why we are not spending and probably won’t unless we sell.

It is highly likely we sell Bruno you know. The income would hit FFP instantly swinging it 100m and allow us to buy two or three players.

Would you want that all?

Looking at our FFP, are we not completely fucked? This doesnt take into account this years figures, but we would need to post 13m in profit in this years accounts to be sustainable? as we have 118m in losses last 2 years?

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Missed him calling Everton and Forest "small clubs" mind :lol:

Everton fans seem to be more upset about being called a ‘small’ club, rather than another potential points deduction 🤣

41 minutes ago, davidnolan13 said:

Outside of st james park it was bordering on amazement lol

Some were against at least one of those. Forest helped us out immensely. 

8 minutes ago, TRC said:

Looking at our FFP, are we not completely fucked? This doesnt take into account this years figures, but we would need to post 13m in profit in this years accounts to be sustainable? as we have 118m in losses last 2 years?

It’s one of the reasons why I think we may sell Bruno. And this window aswell.

He is also in Paris which is a little bit of a concern.

3 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

It’s one of the reasons why I think we may sell Bruno. And this window aswell.

He is also in Paris which is a little bit of a concern.

I fucked up the quote, but I just moved it to this thread.

I dont get how we have had profit on player sales, but its operating costs that have fucked us?

15 minutes ago, TRC said:

Selling Maxi and Wood ring any bells? Also the £73M loss announced this year is not all attributable to ffp, with many things deductible from it for things like the academy, training ground and investment in the Women's team not counting towards the PL's PSR calculations.