Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

Hard to avoid the conclusion that somebody had a serious fuck-up with the calculations last season and deserves to be sacked. If this is how much this PSR thing is going to impact the club, then we really need an entire team of accountants running the numbers full time to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

I assume they believed we would've sold a few more players such as Miggy and maybe Trips

The last 48 hours have shown we need to be better sellers. We shouldn’t have to but that’s what we’re up against. Getting comfortable with pure PSR profit and even flogging the purples. Until someone brings the Cartel’s rules down like a pack of cards we have to game the system.

7 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Hard to avoid the conclusion that somebody had a serious fuck-up with the calculations last season and deserves to be sacked. If this is how much this PSR thing is going to impact the club, then we really need an entire team of accountants running the numbers full time to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Our CFO is pretty well regarded but if I absolutely have to I’ll take the job on

3 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

How can it be that we “might” have to do business tomorrow. We know what our shortfall is. Either we do have to do business to make up that shortfall or we’re ok. 

If Minteh goes through its a fresh start I’m guessing. Really odd situation though. 

For an ownership group that preach the importance of process and data driven analytics, this seems a completely irresponsible way to operate. Especially when there were legitimate decent bids for Trippier and Wilson in January. 

Publicly discussing bids for Isak and Gordon to inflate other deals is also a terrible look and just unsettles both the players and the fans. For me it’s a huge blemish on the new ownership. 

Just now, gbandit said:

Brexit Rat will have known how awful our financial situation was due to the Constant Gardener. That will be part of the reason tight pockets has only offered £2m. What a twat

I think man utd are on the limit anyway, cutting jobs and the amrabat deal made me wonder if they could afford DA or even sack ten ballbag before Monday 

37 minutes ago, Dokko said:

And why we shouldn't have bought Barnes. But apparently that's can't be considered as that was last year though we're on a 3 year rolling span. 

Why are you only referring to Barnes? Every player we've bought has cost money which has relevance to PSR. 

Just now, gbandit said:

Brexit Rat will have known how awful our financial situation was due to the Constant Gardener. That will be part of the reason tight pockets has only offered £2m. What a twat

Hopefully that removes that issue now.

Absolutely gobsmacked we found ourselves scrambling aground like this at last minute, if Minteh hadn’t come good we could have been flogging Isak, or Gordon at cut price this weekend to Chelsea and Liverpool which would have been sickening.

Be interesting to see what filters out over next few days in press, expecting some serious PR from the club as this hasn’t been a good look at all.