Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Yes there's no direct flights but fortunately we have a quick, reliable and affordable rail network that...oh hang on...

Haha, I was thinking that. I got the train to Derby once for work…now I drive a 6hr round trip to avoid it. 

3 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Yeah, we have just sold £68 Million worth of none first team players. Hours before some stupid deadline that has been installed to limit us. 

I’m wondering if people will get just as upset I we chucked £80 Million on a last minute deadline day signing. 

to be honest I feel upset when I see we are paying 25m for Forest third choice keeper

Just now, Zero said:

to be honest I feel upset when I see we are paying 25m for Forest third choice keeper

We’re not paying that for OV, surely? We’d be getting robbed blind for a quarter of that price. PSR or not, there’s favourable rates and then there’s just pure stupidity.

4 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Yeah, we have just sold £68 Million worth of none first team players. Hours before some stupid deadline that has been installed to limit us. 

I’m wondering if people will get just as upset I we chucked £80 Million on a last minute deadline day signing. 

100% nailed it mate.

Honestly every other club has to so exactly the same thing but some of our lot are spitting dummies out that we're doing it too.

£70m for 2 players hardly in anyone's list of untouchables in our squad, to comply with psr, to allow us to go again from July onwards needs to give their head a shake.

I think its creative, shrewd business which protects the core of our team and allows us to build.

Wait until September to judge the window people.

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

Really, it’s from twitter and some forest fan. 

It’s more likely going to be around £10 Million, shows a profit for forest. It doesn’t set alarm bells ringing at Master headquarters either.

It also sets Anderson’s value at about £25 million, which all things considered sounds about right in this modern market.

Way more plausible than anything on X 

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

We’re not paying that for OV, surely? We’d be getting robbed blind for a quarter of that price. PSR or not, there’s favourable rates and then there’s just pure stupidity.

A Forest fan would think the same if they really paid Anderson for 35m, absolute robbery.

May not be 25m but I am pretty sure it’s an insane amount for a third choice keeper.

Or else the whole story doesn’t make sense. Why would Forest bail out Newcastle during the last moment by overpaying Anderson? 

1 minute ago, BrianSwan said:

How does this work? Are Newcastle in a squeeze up till 30th June and can spend after? or a whole summer of 0 net spend in store?

The former I think, but I don’t really understand how it works given that it’s a constant rolling time period. 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The former I think, but I don’t really understand how it works given that it’s a constant rolling time period. 

I think it all depends on the year that’s dropping off.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Probably wrong on this, but we should have  the first 1/3rd of the £105 Million PSR over spend.  Then ad in any profits between now and August.

Edited by Hudson

If we were comfortably compliant and not involved in their shenanigans - a lot of people on here - including me would be boasting about how smart we’ve operated in the market and mocking those involved in some of these farcical transfers. And that Anderson deal is farcicial at 35m. 

As it stands - I think we planned to sell Bruno. When that didn’t happen we wanted to sell Miggy and co but didn’t have enough interest. It’s a bit disappoint that the 30m for Minteh wasn’t enough. We couldn’t raise the funds in legit ways. 

This situation isn’t the worst in the world and we’ve gotten over it. But i did expect us to be a bit more savvy. Of the 6 clubs involved in this - half everyone knows has been mismanaged. Maybe 4. Us and Villa have qualified for the CL based on our spending. But the rules mean we probably won’t sustain it.  

Andy Carroll £40m

Anderson £35m

Minteh £33m

Perez £30m

ASM £25m

Remember when we all laughed at Liverpool signing Andy Carroll for £40m. 

PSR is a farce and clubs (us) have just taken the absolute piss out of it. The game isn't about having the best team on the field, its about having the most creative accounting team. 

We don’t want sell Bruno & he doesn’t want to leave. PSR might have pushed us that way and as far as I know he still hasn’t extended the rental period on the house he is in. 

One of the things this needs to make clear to the club is that the Academy needs to be front and centre amongst priorities.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

One of the things this needs to make clear to the club is that the Academy needs to be front and centre amongst priorities.

Why do you think the Academy has started to take in the 'highly regarded' from other academies. If even one of those can be flipped in 2 years time its a bonus. 

Just now, OCK said:

Why do you think the Academy has started to take in the 'highly regarded' from other academies. If even one of those can be flipped in 2 years time its a bonus. 

It's why I've asked many times about how we are viewed in the game now for developing talent, bringing in talented kids is pointless if we can't develop them.