Lewis Miley

Ronson333

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

He was brilliant in the first half. Gives me some hope we can get by for the rest of the season with no midfielders being signed.

This system works when we are the defensive team and catching people on the break, but we are susceptible to counters with this midfield. Long term him and Longstaff aren't the solution. Will be great to have Willock back.

I love watching this kid play, he's a proper footballer.

I know it's been said loads, but he's ridiculous for his age. if everything stays on track, I'm hopeful he'll be a mainstay in an outrageous England team once Gareth finally gets the boot.

5 minutes ago, TRC said:

This system works when we are the defensive team and catching people on the break, but we are susceptible to counters with this midfield. Long term him and Longstaff aren't the solution. Will be great to have Willock back.

Agree. But for whatever he lacks, Miley makes up quite a lot by just being so composed and efficient on the ball.

Just now, TRon said:

Agree. But for whatever he lacks, Miley makes up quite a lot by just being so composed and efficient on the ball.

I think Willock replaces Longstaff.

I dont really see how Longstaff isn't sold at the end of the season. He will be 6th in the pecking order imo next year without any signings.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

I think Willock replaces Longstaff.

I dont really see how Longstaff isn't sold at the end of the season. He will be 6th in the pecking order imo next year without any signings.

I just said something similar about selling Longstaff in the other thread, financially it makes sense, but I can't see him wanting to leave, and I can't see us pushing him out either. Best solution all round would be to scrap FFP/PSR and just let us buy who we want and keep who we want.

Think when Willock comes in he’ll slot into the left and Miley will play RCM. Would be a hell of a fun attack to see with Bruno. 

Sean is a no brainer to sell and he’d be a fantastic signing for a team 10th and below us right now. IMHO. I don’t want to see him go as i absolutely love him but he’s an odd man out with his skill set. We have way too many all action 8s and he’s not exactly the best of them. 

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Really liked Miley's mobility last night. Also he has great confidence and vision in his passing. Like him a lot. 

He showed a different element to his fans, running onto balls on the left and whipping in crosses. If he can develop physically a bit more then he’s going to have the ability to play multiple positions and roles very well

10 hours ago, Kanji said:

Sean is a no brainer to sell and he’d be a fantastic signing for a team 10th and below us right now. IMHO. I don’t want to see him go as i absolutely love him but he’s an odd man out with his skill set. We have way too many all action 8s and he’s not exactly the best of them. 

I don't know, all that aside, until the academy starts really working we might need him for European squads. We can't keep dummett and Gillespie hanging on that much longer surely?

That said. We might not need to worry about that for another season!

9 hours ago, gbandit said:

He showed a different element to his fans, running onto balls on the left and whipping in crosses. If he can develop physically a bit more then he’s going to have the ability to play multiple positions and roles very well

He might come back looking like a beast after summer. Remember Anderson did summer gone or one before. If he develops physically and continues to play like that he will be immense.

10 hours ago, Kanji said:

Think when Willock comes in he’ll slot into the left and Miley will play RCM. Would be a hell of a fun attack to see with Bruno. 

Willock never stays fit, for his limitations Longstaff is a competent player at this level and knows his role. Need better players around him but he has some engine on him and if his finishing improved he would have tons of goals positions he gets in

14 hours ago, Kanji said:

Not sure when it will sink in re the UEFA homegrown player requirements.  It will at some point though.  Definitely. 

6 minutes ago, M1tche said:

We have a brilliant young player on our hands here. He does so many things that a 17 year old has no right to be doing in the premier league.

Exciting isn’t he, hopefully he’ll just get better and better.

He regularly seems to be brilliant for a half or so. Then the game passes him by and he seems fucked. 

I suppose if he was playing the odd 20

minutes here and there and the occasional start. It wouldn’t be as noticeable. 

Playing too many games at this stage of his career. 

He's got amazing potential but we really need him out of the team ASAP. For his sake and ours. He needs some R&R and time working on his game without the intensity of playing Premier League games every week. We need someone in who doesn't have massive developmental gaps in their game and who can last the 90 physically. None of that is meant as unfair criticism of Miley. He's amazing, but it is a bit unfair on him that he is having to do so much.

Just wish he was part of a midfield that wasn't being abused by the opposition every game.

His vision is fantastic, his passing is excellent. Such good potential, cannot wait to see how good he gets.