Lewis Miley

Ronson333

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Seen people compare him to Carrick, is that a fair assessment (based on the little he had played)

My hot take is that he's more of a Pirlo than a Guttuso

Guest reefatoon
15 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Which of our players tried to tackle him there? [emoji38]

Edit* 

Absolutely no idea how I’ve managed to put this in the Miley thread. Apologies! 

Was quite fitting, it was Miley who blocked him at the end.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Not seen pre-season but glad he looks to have talent.  

Unless it’s a super elite talent I don’t think he should be considered as part of the 25. At that age players should get luxury minutes (league cup, 3-0 up) or injury crisis minutes. Not 1 or 2 injuries. 

Tbf the lad looks a generational talent. Get the 25 point though - I mean he is entirely free for any squad in any competition we're in this season. He won't be taking the spot of a more senior pro is what I mean.

But if he's ready, and he looks it, I wouldn't want a player who's already hit their ceiling standing in the way of Miley getting minutes.

50 minutes ago, HawK said:

My hot take is that he's more of a Pirlo than a Guttuso

Played as a striker at the academy in his early years. He was playing up in the next age group in my lads team. Was a hell of a striker as well. 

10 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Played as a striker at the academy in his early years. He was playing up in the next age group in my lads team. Was a hell of a striker as well. 

I've heard stories of PL players that compared to others that are seen as workhorses, unskilled, players that just put in the effort, absolutely dominating players of lower levels.

I'm sure I heard an anecdote of John Terry playing 5-aside with some friends and he played for one team in the first half scored 5 goals making it 5-0, then in the second half played for the other team and scored another 5 and it ended up 5-5.

5 minutes ago, HawK said:

I've heard stories of PL players that compared to others that are seen as workhorses, unskilled, players that just put in the effort, absolutely dominating players of lower levels.

I'm sure I heard an anecdote of John Terry playing 5-aside with some friends and he played for one team in the first half scored 5 goals making it 5-0, then in the second half played for the other team and scored another 5 and it ended up 5-5.

Yeah, my mates wife used to go to school with Peter Ramage and at age 14/15 he just used to take the piss out of everyone, dribbling past them like prime Messi.

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yeah, my mates wife used to go to school with Peter Ramage and at age 14/15 he just used to take the piss out of everyone, dribbling past them like prime Messi.

I played against him quite a few times in school games/county trials.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Not seen pre-season but glad he looks to have talent.  

Unless it’s a super elite talent I don’t think he should be considered as part of the 25. At that age players should get luxury minutes (league cup, 3-0 up) or injury crisis minutes. Not 1 or 2 injuries. 

Ohh you had me there, I thought that was going to be a positive post. It started so well too ;)

10 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Ohh you had me there, I thought that was going to be a positive post. It started so well too ;)

Love how he's still got a strong opinion having watched zero friendlies an' all. Classic TCD.

Guest reefatoon
13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Love how he's still got a strong opinion having watched zero friendlies an' all. Classic TCD.

[emoji38] It’s the way everything has to have a negative spin. Just can’t help himself.

“Generational talent”, “kid will be world-class” etc. is putting a lot of hype and pressure on a young lad who’s just had some promising run-outs tbh. I hope he’s insulated from all of that as the minute he has a bad game you’ll hear “not ready”, “next Bigirimana”- which isn’t very helpful for him.

He does look like he has the athleticism and poise so far to go far though. Excited for his development!

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

“Generational talent”, “kid will be world-class” etc. is putting a lot of hype and pressure on a young lad who’s just had some promising run-outs tbh. I hope he’s insulated from all of that as the minute he has a bad game you’ll hear “not ready”, “next Bigirimana”- which isn’t very helpful for him.

He does look like he has the athleticism and poise so far to go far though. Excited for his development!

Is he a complete freak and absolute weirdo then?

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Which of our players tried to tackle him there? [emoji38]

Edit* 

Absolutely no idea how I’ve managed to put this in the Miley thread. Apologies! 

Wasn't aware it's acceptable to push a player off the ball from behind, must be because he's a machine. Clear foul in my book.

32 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Is he a complete freak and absolute weirdo then?

Eh? What did I miss?

He used to live round the corner from me when he played with Motherwell