Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, LV said:

You think there’s a queue of loan signings waiting like taxis in a rank as soon as you need one? 

Like you just ring them up and be like ‘yep, you’ll do. See you in half an hour’ 

It takes a bit of work and we didn’t have the time 

“Im at the end of the road - be there in ten minutes”

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Probably because they're being played by Trent Alexander-Arnold and he's being afforded plenty of time and space to do it.

Yeah ... as much as ASM has had him on skates running at him, TAA has taken advantage of ASM not closing him down as tightly defensively.

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

No we can’t, it’s because we paid that much for them in the summer and January transfer windows the exact reason why we couldn’t buy a central midfielder.

On top of this, our targets were not available, what do you want them to do, go down the list and buy another Chris Wood stop gap signing who was never going to be good enough?

Yes i would have liked us to go down the list. We are fighting for the champions league with no proper backup in sentral midfield.

Not every 25m signing has to be Chris Wood quality, other teams manage good signings for that money in the January window.

Edited by Displayname

Just now, simonsays said:

The Trippier hate on here is hilarious

It's not hate. He's clearly one of our best players and he's a great captain but he's had a defensively suspect couple of weeks and his under or over hit set pieces are hurting us at the minute.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

We’re so good from the kick off these days. Love it. 

We are in a transition period of not really being quite good enough to take everyone attack vs attack but we are also past the bunker down and defend for 90 minutes and shithouse. 

Big call on what we do next week.

3 minutes ago, LV said:

You think there’s a queue of loan signings waiting like taxis in a rank as soon as you need one? 

Like you just ring them up and be like ‘yep, you’ll do. See you in half an hour’ 

It takes a bit of work and we didn’t have the time 

Without bringing up the same old arguments, we didn’t have time so we shouldn’t have let Shelvey go, but it’s done and over with now so we move on.

2 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

There was always going to be a run of poor results, we are now experiencing that. We will bounce back at some point though I have no doubt about that.

January/February results in the fondly remembered promotion season of 92/93 under Keegan.

West Ham a 0-0, Bristol Rovers h 0-0, Portsmouth a 2-0, Southend a 1-1, Luton a 1-1,  Rotherham cup a 1-1

January/February results in the Entertainers season of 93/94 under Keegan

Wimbledon a 4-2, Luton h cup 1-1, Luton a cup 2-0, Blackburn a 1-0, Southampton h 1-2 (and I think that was all consecutive)

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

One who is fully fit half the time and another brand new to the league? Team’s with a realistic (and probably rare chance) of getting CL football don’t do that.

City have Haaland and Alvarez, Arsenal have Jesus and Ekitike, Man United Weghorst, Martial and I guess Rashford, Spurs have Kane and Richarlison, Chelsea have Felix and Havertz, Liverpool have Nunez and Firmino. Do I keep going on?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Without bringing up the same old arguments, we didn’t have time so we shouldn’t have let Shelvey go, but it’s done and over with now so we move on.

Time is such a nonsense argument, so what we did is just look in the transfer window and not outside it? Then I feel like some people should be fired for being poor at their job. You are allowed to locate and start talks even if the transfer window isn't open :lol: