Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

All things considered we've been decent. Two attempts of the woodwork and still in the game with 10 men. Just shows how good a mentality we have and how poor Liverpool are now.

Edited by Donut

Just now, Pata said:

No, shit happens. If you really want to start to question Howe, maybe do not start with the best defensive record in the league ffs. :lol:

Well in that case, the manager shouldnt get props for doing good things as well, its not a one way street.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Potentially epic storyline for Karius.

Actually really glad that Dubravka doesn't get to play the final :lol:

Well as we actually live in the Matrix I can see him saving 5 penalties and scoring the winner ?

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

I said immediately after the window closed that it was negligent. My opinion hasn’t changed, and why would it?

Give yourself a pat on the back.

The owners have always said this will take time and be patient. We've had a season far beyond our expectations, yet there are people like you throwing your toys out of the pram because you want more, and you want it now.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I’ll be honest. I’ve never been a massive fan of Dan Burn.  He’s been awful today. 

I'll be honest, I think Trippier's legs have fallen off and he's become a serious liability and needs replacing very quickly, ideally before the cup final.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

What did you want them to do, go against FFP and fuck the club up properly with the Premier League sitting there fucking waiting for us to make a wrong move?

The squad isn’t good enough, we knew it would take a few years.

Thats just BS. If we can afford to pay 110m for Isak and Gordon we can afford a backup sentral midfielder.

Just now, imChris said:

The hard pressing which worked so well earlier in the season has completely vanished over the past handful of games

Joelinton does such a great job with the press high up the pitch. Having to drop him deeper has reduced the effectiveness.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

This is why I’m not mad at Pope. He gets it right 99 times out of 100 and has helped keep us a tight defensive unit. 

Standing on the line like that all the time costs so many goals. 

I’m not mad - just disappointed ??

Just now, Displayname said:

Thats just BS. If we can afford to pay 110m for Isak and Gordon we can afford a backup sentral midfielder.

No we can’t, it’s because we paid that much for them in the summer and January transfer windows the exact reason why we couldn’t buy a central midfielder.

On top of this, our targets were not available, what do you want them to do, go down the list and buy another Chris Wood stop gap signing who was never going to be good enough?