Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

Ffs, fuck off all the bedwetters, half our team is midtable standard and we have been playing out of our skin for the past few months, yes we haven't lost for ages in the league but we are due a defeat and all clubs have them, we are not Man City or Real Madrid.....yet, enjoy the season, enjoy the final and be proud of what we are doing this season

Just now, MagMal said:

Ffs, fuck off all the bedwetters, half our team is midtable standard and we have been playing out of our skin for the past few months, yes we haven't lost for ages in the league but we are due a defeat and all clubs have them, we are not Man City or Real Madrid.....yet, enjoy the season, enjoy the final and be proud of what we are doing this season

All true.  I’m fucking pissed off with the daft red though. 

Performances getting steadily worse.

A stinging loss is probably a bit of much-needed bitter medicine for the club to take. Shame it's in such close proximity to the final and there's limited options to change things up though.

I'm so gutted for Pope, I think he heads it, then it hits his face, then he doesn't realise and possibly forgets like he's in training or something? 

I might just be trying to look for excuses 🙄

Edited by mighty__mag

Longstaff is a Championship player, Anderson is a League 2 player, even Burn isnt someone who should be anywhere near a top 6 side. 

Popes a idiot he didnt know whether to head or kick and ended up iust falling over and catching the ball

9 minutes ago, worthy said:

So who is the manager of the club? Who's job is it to set up the players, work out the way to beat and defend the teams we are playing?

I mean we started really well, they just scored twice and Pope had a massive brainfart. What exactly did Howe do wrong?

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I'm so gutted for Pope, I think he heads it, their hits his face, then he doesn't realise and possibly forgets like he's in training or something? 

I might just be trying to look for excuses 🙄

Nah you’re right. He reaches out for it out of pure instinct. Gutted for him, he’s been so solid it’s so unfair that he’s missing the final being such a huge part of us getting there 

Just now, NUFC said:

Longstaff is a Championship player, Anderson is a League 2 player, even Burn isnt someone who should be anywhere near a top 6 side. 

Popes a idiot he didnt know whether to head or kick and ended up iust falling over and catching the ball

cheer up lad