Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

Just now, David Edgar said:

There are 2 factors here for me. 

1) we've given Liverpool loads of space behind our defence to exploit.

2) we've given their midfield the time to play into that space.

It is a tactical shitshow.

Were down to 10men and were all over them until they scored.

On the catastrophe scale, echoes of the 0-3 Aston Villa loss today.

We came into that match on a 12 match unbeaten run in all competitions or something, and lost convincingly and spectacularly to a dross side.

Got to laugh.

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Bit wound up?  

Howe has given Liverpool all the space they need.

I respect you as a poster man but come on. The relentless need for some of you to stick the boot in when things go poorly is grim.

This is so annoying because if the defence just held fort even after the first 2, I think we could have come back. 

There was so much time left and these lot cannot handle ASM and Isak running at them in space.

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Absolute scumbags are Liverpool. They did the same in our title challenge, did everything to hand it to Man Utd and doing it for them against us in the final as well.

wat

9 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

Come on let Karius make his redemption

I was thinking about that.

Karius has a once in a lifetime chance to redeem himself, he's been working hard for years for a chance like this too.

Given his life history, it could be the best story of the season if he makes an amazing match and the Toons get the title. 

Edited by JNK

I'd probably rather Joelinton got booked here to be honest. Not sure when the next cut off is, but if it's not for say 9 or 10 more matches then he's almost certainly going to be picking up another booking, and probably better if one of his two matches is against Man City away.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

I respect you as a poster man but come on. The relentless need for some of you to stick the boot in when things go poorly is grim.

Please just don't respond. The usual suspects have come out with their standard talking points at the earliest opportunity. Just let them talk amongst themselves and wallow in their grief.