Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm definitely not one to say "you can't/ shouldn't criticise/be disappointed," if you're crestfallen, totally fair enough, it's a sickener. But speaking entirely personally, it's just not what I'm feeling. The club represented itself magnificently and I've been bursting with pride all day. It was a great occasion but it just wasn't meant to be. This time. 

Summed up really well. Win or lose today I'm so proud of the lads. It just feels different to lose compared to the past. We have a manager who cares, Bruno was in tears, and the whole club just seems together. It'll come and I couldn't be more proud of our club at the minute. We're on the ascendancy and I can't wait for more of this. Howay the lads.

3 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Bit harsh, we opened plenty of teams up in the first half of the season, strength in depth is our problem which we’ll sort out.

We did and we also took our chances, Almiron had the 'hot hand' but that seems to have disappeared. I'm just a bit down tbh :undecided:

8 minutes ago, Rod said:

Did you think Man Utd created loads of chances?  Because if they did then I missed them.  A great set piece header and a fluke goal.  That's what I witnessed.

They didn’t need to, that’s my point. They created 2 and we created none. Game over! 

2 minutes ago, Boycott Saudi said:

This must be the biggest disappointment that your scumbag owners have had since the passengers fought back on United 93.

You can’t buy class.

Hopefully your owners will change their mind about selling after this win, and load some more debt onto the club. :clap2:

Edited by TRon

1 minute ago, Boycott Saudi said:

This must be the biggest disappointment that your scumbag owners have had since the passengers fought back on United 93.

You can’t buy class.

I think that final sentence contradicts the point you made in your first.  Though I think that fallacy is the least of the issues, like. 

Hi.

Hearts supporter here and regular contributor to Jambos Kickback.

I've always had a wee soft spot for the magpies and really wanted the right result for you lads and lassies today.

I posted as such on JKB yesterday and was, within minutes, challenged by a Sunderland fan. :iamatwat:

Hearts went 36 years without silverware until we finally won the Scottish Cup in 1998. A fantastic weekend that was repeated in 2006 and 2012. The latter a 5-1 hammering of the city neighbours, Hibs.

It's a matter of time before Geordie's experience the same.

All the best.

martoon.

Just now, martoon said:

Hi.

Hearts supporter here and regular contributor to Jambos Kickback.

I've always had a wee soft spot for the magpies and really wanted the right result for you lads and lassies today.

I posted as such on JKB yesterday and was, within minutes, challenged by a Sunderland fan. :iamatwat:

Hearts went 36 years without silverware until we finally won the Scottish Cup in 1998. A fantastic weekend that was repeated in 2006 and 2012. The latter a 5-1 hammering of the city neighbours, Hibs.

It's a matter of time before Geordie's experience the same.

All the best.

martoon.

Cheers lad.