Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Seeing some familiar faces in the fan gallery has cheered me up a bit, this one is just pure, unadulterated @Heron:

image.thumb.png.76d92756c6427a3d12e0882de079fe72.png

More here: https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/galleries/in-pictures-uniteds-fan-tastic-support-at-wembley/.

I recognise that lad. Used to sit in the corner and start a few chants. Gave up his season ticket iirc. Should have supported the team.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I recognise that lad. Used to sit in the corner and start a few chants. Gave up his season ticket iirc. Should have supported the team.

[emoji38]

18 hours ago, Froggy said:

There's a huge difference in the tone of Scoreboard82 and Thomson Mouse's posts. 

Yep, I’ll overtly just call you lot cunts.

I don’t like generalising but in this case I reckon I’m justified from what I’ve experienced.

You’ve been arrogant about Manure a few times on here

• 1 month later...

I'm extra fucking bitter about this now. At the time, given their and our form, and all the history, I was still a bit in the frame of mind of thinking ManU are a level above us and of course we fucking lost again. I'm back to think we could've fucking win this thing. Couldn't have come at a worse time.

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I'm extra fucking bitter about this now. At the time, given their and our form, and all the history, I was still a bit in the frame of mind of thinking ManU are a level above us and of course we fucking lost again. I'm back to think we could've fucking win this thing. Couldn't have come at a worse time.

:trippier:

Based on zero evidence or fact, I think if we had won there’s a chance we would have seen this season as mission complete and completely dropped off in the league. My blind hope is longer term the defeat was a blessing, we went again in the league, we get top 4, we use that to get the revenues, the infrastructure and implant ourselves in the upper echelons. It allows us to compete for the medium and long term. 

least, when I’m feeling super bitter I tell myself that at least

3 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

I'm somewhat similar but also it's why I wanted to play them in the semi finals as I reckon we'd have battered them at home like we did and would have kept it close at Old Trafford 

3 hours ago, Zero said:

I prefer top 4 finish over the cup.

Not for me. Trophies trump probably everything.

Logic will suggest that if you’re winning trophies on the regular, top 4 will be there anyway.

Edited by Sima

2 hours ago, Zero said:

I prefer top 4 finish over the cup.

In terms of long term project and attracting people to the club I probably agree, but if you'd asked me the day before the final I suspect I might have said otherwise 

11 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

I'd probably (albeit reluctantly) agree with reference to the Carabao Cup.

But suggest similar about the FA Cup and I'm stripping down to the waist and will fight you to the death.

Oh yea same to me lol

If we played the final again this Sunday we would win it , we just happened to play it during pretty much our only dip of form in the season and without a fully fit Isak.

Edited by Geogaddi

Just now, Geogaddi said:

If we played the final again this Sunday we would win it , we just happened to play it during pretty much our only dip of form in the season and we never had a fully fit Isak.

This is true, I also think the occasion got the better of of us leading up and including the final. Bruno missing games leading up to the final didn’t help either.

There were so many negative vibes for us in going to Wembley.

As has been said, Pope missing out was a massive blow to us. And Bruno's suspension prior to the final and simply the occasion and the hype.

But you know what?

Out of all that, one thing we did learn and that's a big lesson in experience of a final and (fingers crossed) if we get there sooner rather than later once again, I think we will be much more blessed in that scenario.

We simply didn't carry much luck and Man Utd did, plus Casemiro having a blinder.

The ref didn't help our cause...but... it's over and done with and as some have already said, if we had won it we may well have thought of a job done and simply dropped off.

This has spurred us on massively and we just might go one better and finish in a champions league spot but at worse we should get a Europa which is what we would've got if we won the cup....so...well....you know. :bluestar:

Edited by magvicar