Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

1 hour ago, Sempiternal said:

Makele basically invented that position, at the very least he defined it. He was brilliant 

That's exactly why I used him as a bar, first galaticos failed because Florentino sold him.

On the Ronaldo era he made sure to keep Casemiro as the Anchor of the team as soon as they found him.  

Just now, JNK said:

That's exactly why I used him as a bar, first galaticos failed because Florentino sold him.

On the Ronaldo era he made sure to keep Casemiro as the Anchor of the team as soon as they found him.  

He’s one of my favourite players of all time, at Chelsea he was so imperious. I was a big fan of Essien too, one of the greatest box to box, and really good athlete 

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

He’s one of my favourite players of all time, at Chelsea he was so imperious. I was a big fan of Essien too, one of the greatest box to box, and really good athlete 

I still think prime Vieira was a better player overall, would have Vieira and Rijkarrd as my main classic DMF over Makelele any day, but as you said, on his role he was impecable.

Casemiro for me is the same but a little more decisive, he's amazing at his role but you should not expect much more, and at his role he's FOR ME the GOAT of his generation, like I said before on this topic, peak Busquets was more interesting to watch, but Casemiro mere presence was way more decisive to his teams(club and national) than Busquets ever was. 

12 minutes ago, midds said:

That's a good read that.

"It was always going to take six to eight transfer windows to remake a squad whose original function was to keep Steve Bruce in a job"

Some of our toy chuckers need to read that and appreciate where we've come from.

3 minutes ago, Mills and Boon said:

Nail on the head for me. Bright future ahead of us

Aye. Not sure about Ten Hag being a better manager mind, he was able to transform their defence and midfield with the odd £70m signing or two.

59 minutes ago, Boycott Saudi said:

This must be the biggest disappointment that your scumbag owners have had since the passengers fought back on United 93.

You can’t buy class.

Fuck off.

5 minutes ago, JNK said:

I still think prime Vieira was a better player overall, would have Vieira and Rijkarrd as my main classic DMF over Makelele any day, but as you said, on his role he was impecable.

Casemiro for me is the same but a little more decisive, he's amazing at his role but you should not expect much more, and at his role he's FOR ME the GOAT of his generation, like I said before on this topic, peak Busquets was more interesting to watch, but Casemiro mere presence was way more decisive to his teams(club and national) than Busquets ever was. 

I respect your opinion I just disagree on Casemiro, I think because my preference is for more technically gifted DMs, I feel the destroyer role will phase out of football, and the more pirlo types will be in high demand.

I feel that’s incredibly harsh on busquets, he’s been credited by many of his peers and managers as a pivotal player. I understand his play style is understated but if you watch him at his peak he could completely dictate the game. Pep loved him. As did Del bosque. He’s won 30 trophies, and played at a high level for over a decade. 

The best midfield performance though was Kroos in 2014 World Cup. he was imo the near best midfielder in the world at that point. I recently looked up his stats and his completion percentage at Real Madrid since he joined is 93 percent. Truly absurd numbers 

Would have been great to have got the win, unfortunately not to be. I'm still so proud of how we have done this season. Trophies will come I truly believe it and cannot wait to be part of it! 

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Just like 98 and 99.

Almost but there was a slight difference. A couple of our players looked like they belonged at that level, frustratingly just didn't looked like we had enough to make a difference.

45 minutes ago, Soycott Baudi said:

Don’t like it do you? All those years having morals about Mike Ashley’s zero hours contracts and then opening wide for Saudi human rights abuse. I like Geordies. Used to like Newcastle. Look in the mirror, don’t hate people for expecting better of you lot.

Thank god your mother is dead.

6 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I respect your opinion I just disagree on Casemiro, I think because my preference is for more technically gifted DMs, I feel the destroyer role will phase out of football, and the more pirlo types will be in high demand.

I feel that’s incredibly harsh on busquets, he’s been credited by many of his peers and managers as a pivotal player. I understand his play style is understated but if you watch him at his peak he could completely dictate the game. Pep loved him. As did Del bosque. He’s won 30 trophies, and played at a high level for over a decade. 

The best midfield performance though was Kroos in 2014 World Cup. he was imo the near best midfielder in the world at that point. I recently looked up his stats and his completion percentage at Real Madrid since he joined is 93 percent. Truly absurd numbers 

I totally agree on Kroos, and also agree on prime Busquets, I was comparing longevity with real impatc as well and that's why I would put Casemiro in place.

Just compare this United team with and without him. They were mid tabble at best, since he's come on they've been improving and now they're the best performing team in the league.

It's not just about great passes and overall technical ability but the dressing room presence and mentality he brings to any team (That I can say about Brazil and now United) is amazing. He has been themidifield anchor for some of the most pleasing to watch teams of the last decade (Brazil, Prime Real with C M T midfield and now this top form United), those teams are one with him and totally different teams without him.

Prime Barça was still be amazing to watch with Mascherano instead of Busquets, Prime Real was totally off team without Casemiro, it's about the impact he has on those teams with mentality, drive and leadership as well as his prime destroyer role

Edited by JNK

Just now, JNK said:

I totally agree on Kroos, and also agree on prime Busquets, I was comparing longevity with real impatc as well and that's why I would put Casemiro in place.

Just compare this United team with and without him. They were mid tabble at best, since he's come on they've been improving and now they're the best performing team in the league.

It's not just about great passes and overall technical ability but the dressing room presence and mentality he brings to any team (That I can say about Brazil and now United) is amazing. He has been themidifield anchor for some of the most pleasing to watch teams of the last decade (Brazil, Prime Real with C M T midfield and now this top form United), those teams are one with him and totally different teams without him.

Prime Barça was still be amazing to watch with Mascherano instead of Busquets, Prime Real was totally off team without Casemiro, that's what I've been trying to say, it's about the impact he has on those teams with mentality, drive and leadership as well as his prime destroyer role

Yeah I understand that, I think for me though Man United’s midfield was genuinely so bad at the time, with Fred/McTominay anyone with a reasonable quality would elevate them, which he absolutely has. I wonder how long he has left in his legs though. Physically demanding role 

37 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

1996 league campaign, 98 and 99 FA cup finals, UEFA cup semi final where we were single handedly beaten by Drogba, now today. It is tiring always being so close but never turning up on the day when it matters. The first trophy will be huge for us because the pressure on our shoulders as a club is bigger than any other club due to the long barren period.

2000 semi final v Chelsea was the bruiser as Villa were garbage in the final.