Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Getting more quality in the first team or even the squad was incredibly necessary. You only have to look at our business last January to see how effective bringing in new players can be.

Aye, maybe I'm just massively autistic like but I just cannot get behind this urge to deny reality. We fucked up in January. I can massively enjoy our season whilst also recognising and talking about that [emoji38]

It's like talking about Michael Jackson's prolific pop career and been offended when someone's like "was weird he was sleeping with kids though aye?"

Absolute legend on the mic. Fucked kids though.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I think our first 11 is still 4/5 short as well tbh.

If we want to win titles the likes of Burn, Almiron and Longstaff ++ are nowhere near good enough as starters

Probably need 6 about purples if we want to compete for the top 4 next season. Liverpool and Chelsea will not be as bad next year.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I'm definitely not one to say "you can't/ shouldn't criticise/be disappointed," if you're crestfallen, totally fair enough, it's a sickener. But speaking entirely personally, it's just not what I'm feeling. The club represented itself magnificently and I've been bursting with pride all day. It was a great occasion but it just wasn't meant to be. This time. 

Me too.

First step, cant wait for the future

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I think our first 11 is still 4/5 short as well tbh.

Especially up front. We could compete in terms of midfield and defense, even if one objectively rates them a bit higher. But there is a grand canyon sized gulf in terms of quality when it comes to forwards. And also the bench.

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Fair play to Man Utd, it was a tactical lesson that I really hope we learn from. 
What defines Eddie Howe’s reign is not what has happened up to this point, it’s what we learn from this going forward.

We have No plan B and haven’t had all season. “Intensity is our identity” is all well and good but when you have no backup it’s just words. Physically we should be frightening but we don’t impose ourselves in that way. We just roll over.  

In all honesty, I expected us to lose today but I didn’t expect us to lose so gutlessly. This final came too early for us but going through 95 minutes with zero shots, given the quality of players we had on the pitch, is a massive disappointment. 
I really hope everyone who went today had an amazing time. I just hoped for something, anything to cheer about. 

I don’t think it was gutless. The lads did their best imo. I don’t think our quality of player is anything close to theirs.  

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Fair play to Man Utd, it was a tactical lesson that I really hope we learn from. 
What defines Eddie Howe’s reign is not what has happened up to this point, it’s what we learn from this going forward.

We have No plan B and haven’t had all season. “Intensity is our identity” is all well and good but when you have no backup it’s just words. Physically we should be frightening but we don’t impose ourselves in that way. We just roll over.  

In all honesty, I expected us to lose today but I didn’t expect us to lose so gutlessly. This final came too early for us but going through 95 minutes with zero shots, given the quality of players we had on the pitch, is a massive disappointment. 
I really hope everyone who went today had an amazing time. I just hoped for something, anything to cheer about. 

So wrong.  We actually played very well but without troubling their goalkeeper unfortunately.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Think a creative player would obviously have helped. Just feels a little harsh considering what the club have done since the change in ownership, and the fact we’re ahead of schedule. 

Maddison would have been so useful in a game like today. Really hope we get him in the summer 

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

If we want to win titles the likes of Burn, Almiron and Longstaff ++ are nowhere near good enough as starters

Probably need 6 about purples if we want to compete for the top 4 next season. Liverpool and Chelsea will not be as bad next year.

Joelinton and Wilson can be added to that. 

Also, I left at 83 mins, got back on the tube to King's Cross, full of Man Utd fans, like fucking hell man, you've won a trophy and you can't even be arsed to stay in the stadium and see them lift it, I'd still be there now if we'd won, unreal 

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Also, I left at 83 mins, got back on the tube to King's Cross, full of Man Utd fans, like fucking hell man, you've won a trophy and you can't even be arsed to stay in the stadium and see them lift it, I'd still be there now if we'd won, unreal 

I’m not sure..

No, wait 

Nah, just  :lol:

Edited by Thomson Mouse

Just now, The Butcher said:

I actually think Big Joe can be an asset over the next few years. If we get a more technical player in alongside him and Bruno I think we'll be fine.

Need a physically dominant midfielder like him, they are incredibly useful. 

8 minutes ago, Rod said:

So wrong.  We actually played very well but without troubling their goalkeeper unfortunately.

That’s kind of the point I was making. We did alright possession-wise but did nothing threatening for 95 minutes. Man Utd had hardly any of the ball, scored twice and soaked up whatever we had to offer. As I said, a tactical lesson. 
Having the ball and doing nothing with it isn’t “playing well”

Edited by Holmesy