Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

On 01/05/2023 at 08:40, Ben said:

Are we playing the national anthem next week ? 

It’s been strongly advised to by the powers that be so I’d say we will as we took the decision to with the death of the Queen.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s been strongly advised to by the powers that be so I’d say we will as we took the decision to with the death of the Queen.

That had a negative impact on the vibe didn’t it? May be remembering this wrong? 

Do Hibs sing that song during a game or just when it's played for them?

Find it abit meh me when it's just supporters singing along with summit me. All abit plastic

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Must be one of the best anthems in football this one, sang by local lads who support the club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2x-T_b5W0I&pp=ygUWaGlicyBzdW5zaGluZSBvbiBsZWl0aA%3D%3D

beautiful.

if that was us, we would have raced thru it all in 30 seconds and mumbled half the words.

a full crowd singing the blaydon races at the right pace with the right words would be fucking phenomenal.

10 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

That had a negative impact on the vibe didn’t it? May be remembering this wrong? 

Yeah was flat as fuck vs Bournemouth.

The peasants must ‘celebrate’ their workshy inbred overlords though ?‍♂️ 

I hope that those who divulge get their throats nice and lubricated with some shit pints pre-match on Sunday, ready for 90 minutes of noise.

We should be talking about this as the best it's been inside St James' for years to come. 

Buzzing for it.

On 02/05/2023 at 19:40, PauloGeordio said:

On 03/05/2023 at 06:09, Ace said:

Think it was more due to the 2mins silence TBH. Although no royalist myself (Bournemouth was the only game I didn’t take my seat until whistle for KO and stood on concourse with a few others until that and the anthem was over) the national anthem on this occasion might actually be a timely wake up call and get the crowd going from the off ?‍♂️ 

On 03/05/2023 at 06:09, Ace said:

All the home League Cup games were flat tbf. Even the Semi Final was apart from the last 5 mins. Different mix of crowd in for them.

24 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

All the home League Cup games were flat tbf. Even the Semi Final was apart from the last 5 mins. Different mix of crowd in for them.

Eh? The Leicester home game and the Southampton home game were rocking, barring the nerves kicking in in the last 20 of the semi.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Eh? The Leicester home game and the Southampton home game were rocking, barring the nerves kicking in in the last 20 of the semi.

The Southampton home game was anything but rocking in the leazes end like, bar the first and last ten mins.

Would honestly say it was louder against Southampton last week mate.

Think it'll be excellent on Sunday like, looking forward to a good day on the drink before and imagine our crowd will be right up for it ?

16 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

The Southampton home game was anything but rocking in the leazes end like, bar the first and last ten mins.

Would honestly say it was louder against Southampton last week mate.

Think it'll be excellent on Sunday like, looking forward to a good day on the drink before and imagine our crowd will be right up for it ?

I'd agree, was in level 7 for the semi and it was poor, Leicester was good but was in gallowgate and that's the thing, it can seem a completely different atmosphere depending where you are in the ground.

Was top back corner of Leazes (east stand side) last week and it was terrible even when we were winning, i felt a bit awkward singing on my own, quite a few empty seats around aswell.

43 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Southampton was shite! Couldn't believe how bad it was. Leicester was better but not as good as your typical home PL game. Bournemouth and Crystal Palace both dead as well.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

It was the league game with the forced mourning for the old grifter 

Man City and Man Utd have been the best atmospheres this season i think.

Maybe Man City was the best as i was leazes for that and even the leazes was rocking at times so it must have been unreal in gallowgate/strawb corner.

The Bournemouth game after the queen died wasn't really much different to most games this season during the actual 90 mins (piss poor)

It's people confusing flag displays and pre match music with an atmosphere. Which it isn't anyway

10 minutes ago, jack j said:

The Bournemouth game after the queen died wasn't really much different to most games this season during the actual 90 mins (piss poor)

It's people confusing flag displays and pre match music with an atmosphere. Which it isn't anyway

Man City, Man Utd, Spurs have been really good.

Leicester in the cup and Villa quite good.

The rest a bit meh, wasn't at Brentford or Wolves.

3 minutes ago, Hebburn said:

Man City, Man Utd, Spurs have been really good.

Leicester in the cup and Villa quite good.

The rest a bit meh, wasn't at Brentford or Wolves.

Wolves and the second half v Southampton last week were quite good.

7 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wolves and the second half v Southampton last week were quite good.

I could here the gallowgate second half last week like, and leazes east corner seems to have a small singing area, was just crap where i was throughout.

It was class at times today like. Spell in the second half with the full ground singing.

Also the Strawberry Corner singing Eddie Howe’s Black n White Army for 5 mins after the match as the players walked round. 

UTM.