Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Special tonight. Got to be honest, crowd recognised the importance of the game and the pattern it would take but incessant backing, even in the immediate aftermath of their goal. 

Can't wait for Monday.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s unreal in level 7

Sounded class. North East corner too, respect to them for a loud rendition of “Yanited!” without shouting TOON.

The atmosphere last night was tremendous, the whole ground got behind the lads .

Monday will be special, I wish I was there, it will be fucking bouncing .

HWTFL :indi:

We were in the Leazes, right against the east-side wall. Atmosphere was great I thought. A little nervy for about 10-15min after their goal but just seemed to get louder and louder the more possession Brighton had, felt like the crowd rose to the occasion. 

I’ve always wondered how Man Utd & Liverpool have such a creative and extensive songbook. Like how do they get them universally sang consistently throughout their fanbase?

We should sing some of the Geordie folk songs imo. The end of Big River and parts of I’m coming home Newcastle should be incorporated into the songbook but how to do it is the question. 

I might be wrong but I think what helped with Liverpool in recent years is they have/had a city centre venue that Jamie Webster played at. I’m sure he’s the one who started their version of ‘allez allez allez’ the Van Dijk song.

Would be good, as it’s been mooted, if we could create a fan park sort of thing in Strawberry place or somewhere else. Get a young local lad with a guitar and songs will be born.

But aye, last night was class. Emotional if owt else.

10 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Sounded class. North East corner too, respect to them for a loud rendition of “Yanited!” without shouting TOON.

I started that and actually turned to my mate after and went “Wow. How much better did that sound without Toon?”

I’ll have to try the Blaydon Races one game and just keep singing it over and over again until people join in slowly. 

33 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I’ve always wondered how Man Utd & Liverpool have such a creative and extensive songbook. Like how do they get them universally sang consistently throughout their fanbase?

We should sing some of the Geordie folk songs imo. The end of Big River and parts of I’m coming home Newcastle should be incorporated into the songbook but how to do it is the question. 

I might be wrong but I think what helped with Liverpool in recent years is they have/had a city centre venue that Jamie Webster played at. I’m sure he’s the one who started their version of ‘allez allez allez’ the Van Dijk song.

Would be good, as it’s been mooted, if we could create a fan park sort of thing in Strawberry place or somewhere else. Get a young local lad with a guitar and songs will be born.

Agree with this.

Funnily enough, I’ve been trying to work out a chant to the tune chorus of Cushie Butterfield for ages!

No reason why Home Newcastle couldn’t be chanted. We have places like WonderBar where a lot of fans congregate prematch and they seem to get the likes of the Gimme Gimme Gimme chant going but it never carries on much from there sadly. 

Watched some of the match back and it sounds dead on TV which is definitely not a fair reflection of the atmosphere last night. 

Thought the crowd on the whole managed to channel the understandable nervousness when they scored much better than in home semi against Southampton.

From my seat in the Leazes it felt like the Strawberry Corner was really, really good and that spread. Nervous but massively supportive at the same time.

Great explosion of joy and relief at Wilson’s goal.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Thought the crowd on the whole managed to channel the understandable nervousness when they scored much better than in home semi against Southampton.

From my seat in the Leazes it felt like the Strawberry Corner was really, really good and that spread. Nervous but massively supportive at the same time.

Great explosion of joy and relief at Wilson’s goal.

I didn’t celebrate it, was pretty much level with Wilson and was convinced he was offside. Went fucking ballistic for Bruno’s goal though.

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I didn’t celebrate it, was pretty much level with Wilson and was convinced he was offside. Went fucking ballistic for Bruno’s goal though.

Same, barely celebrated it.  

Man, fuck VAR and taking an element of celebration of what could go down as an iconic moment. Used to be one glance to the linesman and you knew to go mental or not.

It just goes to show the difference between being there and watching on the telly. 

The EFL Cup Final sounded absolutely class on telly, but the people who were there said the atmosphere wasn't great, the match last night sounded nervy and slightly subdued, but everyone who was there has said the atmosphere was excelent.

The Leazes end was mint as well last night. Just constant support, very little groaning, and a clear appreciation of how much graft was going into the performance. 

Just watched the highlights again and the celebration for Wilson's goal is more muted than Bruno's.

Few I spoke to in pubs after and on the metro back thought he was off so it's a common theme.

Edited by Sima

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It just goes to show the difference between being there and watching on the telly. 

The EFL Cup Final sounded absolutely class on telly, but the people who were there said the atmosphere wasn't great, the match last night sounded nervy and slightly subdued, but everyone who was there has said the atmosphere was excelent.

Best it’s been this season from the games I’ve been to.

2 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Majority of that is down to same fans week in week out which we should start to benifit from. Remember whos that team was never a home song. I think we need to benifit from songs that last longer too. Think of Andy Cole song...easily able to bounce around for 5 mins.

Need to get who put the ball in the mackems net aired more as this is good for longer duration

Edited by NUFC91

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Just watched the highlights again and the celebration for Wilson's goal is more muted than Bruno's.

Few I spoke to in pubs after and on the metro back thought he was off so it's a common theme.

I couldn't celebrate the Wilson goal whilst watching on Tele, my mind just said nah var will check and rule this out.

It's definitely limiting my initial reaction to a goal now for fear of being sucker punched. 

As mentioned above, went fucking apeshit at Bruno's though[emoji38]:indi:

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Felt like everyone in the Leazes was going absolutely bonkers, but it's understandable why those closer to it would've been nervy. :lol:

One thing that a find strange is when the rest of the crowd do start joining in there's a few in the corner start singing some random shite

Usually about Andy Cole, last night it was the geordie Africa song

Surely people realise there is a time and place for stuff like that

Just now, jack j said:

One thing that a find strange is when the rest of the crowd do start joining in there's a few in the corner start singing some random shite

Usually about Andy Cole, last night it was the geordie Africa song

Surely people realise there is a time and place for stuff like that

Probably because they get bored of singing one of six songs all game every game. I know I do.