Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

19 minutes ago, huss9 said:

should be a played before or after each game

Have heard it a few times before the game this season

Mind I've been getting in early as fuck with this new ticketing carry on

15 minutes ago, jack j said:

Have heard it a few times before the game this season

Mind I've been getting in early as fuck with this new ticketing carry on

dj played it in dortmund market square.

just think it should be better known. 

just got a class sing along quality to it.

should be on the list with local hero, coming home newcastle, and primal scream as a match day fixture.

3 hours ago, jack j said:

Screenshot_20231109_195511_X.jpg

Oh God no, not another version of that tune.

It's so unoriginal, no matter what the words - and I say this whilst our support sings our version of this dirge every 30 fucking seconds.

Great to have fans like Keith back, he’ll be in the same position as many of us who ditched it and lost season tickets/points. Obviously knows a lot more folk to call in favours with tickets, wouldn’t begrudge him though helped many out over the years and great bloke.

Edited by Whitley mag

34 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Great to have fans like Keith back, he’ll be in the same position as many of us who ditched it and lost season tickets/points. Obviously knows a lot more folk to call in favours with tickets, wouldn’t begrudge him though helped many out over the years and great bloke.

Wonder if he starts running a regular bus again. Used to go with him before he wrapped it in, remember doing Portsmouth away on it 2007ish, was absolutely scorching. Class day despite the token defeat. 

32 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’m in the minority who thought this was horrific then? ?

Nah plenty think it was shite.

Probably the rip off of the European tune that puts people off it. Rangers version is the best of the British teams. First British team to use it as well.

I wouldn't worry about it catching on at Newcastle anyway. Our support doenst go beyond toon toon black and white army for our lyrical geniuses

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Nah plenty think it was shite.

Probably the rip off of the European tune that puts people off it. Rangers version is the best of the British teams. First British team to use it as well.

I wouldn't worry about it catching on at Newcastle anyway. Our support doenst go beyond toon toon black and white army for our lyrical geniuses

Some of the lyrics are good but agree it’s just a rip off yet again, we need some original songs, or just bring back some of the old ones.

Always thought it was the scousers who sang that ole ole ole song first.

Edited by Whitley mag

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Aye it's good to see people looking after him for tickets now considering how he looked after so many back in the day.

We first started travelling with him back in 1994 and for the first season or so I struggled to get tickets for the big games at places like Old Trafford and Elland Road but he always found 1 for me somehow.

Reckon I must have done almost 200 away games with him from 1994-2008. One of the best things about Ashley leaving was him coming back.

5 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Aye it's good to see people looking after him for tickets now considering how he looked after so many back in the day.

We first started travelling with him back in 1994 and for the first season or so I struggled to get tickets for the big games at places like Old Trafford and Elland Road but he always found 1 for me somehow.

Reckon I must have done almost 200 away games with him from 1994-2008. One of the best things about Ashley leaving was him coming back.

He’s a great lad helped me out when I was younger - to repay the favour I had contacts at GNER so managed to get him some reduced tickets when they were left stranded after delayed flights etc. 

He spent his exiled years following the happy cats and saw doctors touring so he obviously likes his travel as well as football /the toon !!

Did anyone go on his Dortmund trip - if it included a hotel stay it was canny value? 

2 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

He’s a great lad helped me out when I was younger - to repay the favour I had contacts at GNER so managed to get him some reduced tickets when they were left stranded after delayed flights etc. 

He spent his exiled years following the happy cats and saw doctors touring so he obviously likes his travel as well as football /the toon !!

Did anyone go on his Dortmund trip - if it included a hotel stay it was canny value? 

Think Dortmund was flights only.