Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Can't remember as many early leavers as there was yesterday, like. I've personally only left before the FT whistle twice, the 0-6 v Liverpool and the second 0-3 v the mackems. Never when winning.

This ticketing system only has detriments in all regards. My old ST seat I've been buying for the last 2 seasons in between my dad and 3 mates? I'd kill to be back in that seat but the guy who had it yesterday was apparently on his phone for nigh on the whole match. Meanwhile I'm almost at pitch level, unable to see the opposite touchline and am being asked to sit down when we're on the break. Just utter shit.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Yep. Considering how much TNT bigged up the atmosphere pre-match that was really embarrasing. It genuinely sounded like we were playing away. No wonder the team never got going when you've got a crowd who just turned up to be entertained. So many plastics in there now and the only way it will be fixed is by creating more standing sections around the ground.

It has never been more obvious than tonight, that we need an organised singing section. It sounded embarrassing on the telly. Even McCoist commented that we weren't giving the team any support. You just have to look at Bruno, Gordon etc trying to raise the crowd game after game. Something has got to be done about it, it is literally the only thing missing with the club now! 

Honestly think I'll pass my ticket on if I get one in Leazes again any time soon. But for Dortmund's relentless fucking drums you could've fallen asleep in there. The cunt next to me couldn't get enough of bouncing his knees to said drums to the point my seat vibrated for ninety God damn minutes but God forbid he raise his voice for his own club.

Edited by wormy

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Honestly think I'll pass my ticket on if I get one in Leazes again any time soon. But for Dortmund's relentless fucking drums you could've fallen asleep in there. The cunt next to me couldn't get enough of bouncing his knees to said drums to the point my seat vibrated for ninety God damn minutes but God forbid he raise his voice for his own club.

Can you see Dortmund letting us have a march to the ground and bring our drums in, throw in a fucking cazoo and we can form a jazz band.

I’ve fully made my mind up now that this wretched ballot has got to be binned off and the old queueing system brought back. The ballot is a system that makes it too easy for half-arsed hangers-on to get a ticket while at the same time putting a block in front of dedicated proper fans who will put the extra effort in to get a ticket by queuing for as long as it takes. Day trippers just enter the ballot and forget about it, not arsed if they get a ticket or not. It’s fucking disgraceful and it’s about time the club were properly called out for it.

That crowd tonight thought that by putting in a bit of effort against PSG the other week they didn’t need to try for a “lesser’ team like Dortmund. That’s the very definition of shit supporters.

Also, someone on here I think after the PSG match mentioned how a European team's away atmosphere is completely separate from what's actually going on on the pitch and it couldn't be more true.

I guess it works in it's own way because that fucking drum exhausted me being in the same stand, but definitely not helped by absolutely no effort from our lot.

The drum was pissing me off watching on tv so god knows it must have been overbearing in the ground.

I’ve always said European fans’ atmosphere is completely detached from the pitch and utterly mind-numbing as a result. Do they not want to join some kind of music band or something, it’s just a mundane chorus repeated over and over, nothing resembling ‘encouragement’ in my point. 

Still, if I was there I would have had the urge to drown them out with proper chants and encouragement to the players. If it was as low-key as it sounded on tv then that’s just downright weird and frustrating. I get PSG was there 20year ‘breakthrough’ game which was a lightning in a bottle moment, but surely second half you’d want to suck the ball into the net when losing 1-0? 

I agree with others they must scrap the balloting system.

Atmosphere was fine and constant in the Gallowgate. 

I’ve asked this before but those whinging do you stand up and confront and cajole others around them? Sometimes that’s all it takes… 

Everyone whinging about day trippers on Twitter

Sadly this is what the club want. Wankers from all over the country who make a holiday of it, spending a fortune in the club shop, buying peev in Shearer’s pre match. 

They then sit there in silence for 90 minutes as quite frankly, they couldn’t give a fuck about this city or this football club other than getting a few selfies with the flags in the background and videos of Trippier taking a corner

Fuck the ballot

Edited by Danh1

I was up the back of safe standing and it’s like being at a different game, chants never stop 

The club hierarchy must see and hear that, so why not replicate it in other areas of the ground 

They need to sack off this daft fucking ballot and reconfigure the ground layout so there’s more standing spread around the ground and more like minded people can gather together through buying tickets in those sections

It’s fucking shite that people can’t choose where to sit

As an example the last couple of games there’s been primary school age kids in Gallowgate safe standing, I’m assuming they’re ballot winners and at 4ft tall all they’re seeing of the game is an adults back 

Edited by bobbydazzla

I was in the standing section and for the most part it was fine, it just didn’t translate to the whole stadium coming alive. There were periods in the first half where it was pretty dead even though there was some decent noise coming from the Gallowgate. Against PSG, it felt like the whole stadium was alive and in tune with the play, whereas tonight it was fits and starts 

Mind it doesn’t help that we have the shittest song book in the football league

If a chant isn’t stolen from 10 other clubs (Bruno in the middle, Tonali eats Spaghetti, even the Joelinton song and that Willockinho one) then our fans aren’t interested 

Incapable of shouting YANITED without feeling the need to shout TOON after the cunt

And don’t get me started on how 90% of our fans don’t even know the words to the chorus of the Blaydon Races

Hate the greasy bastard but hopefully this fanzone can give us some sort of Jamie Webster situation to get new chants going