Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I was up in Level 7 and it was absolutely dreadful. Even more baffling considering the result and the performance and that it was against one of the so called "big 6". Clearly a smattering of away fans up there and people in front of us videoing Chelseas free kicks (the one they scored from and also the one right at the start of the 2nd half).

The random ballot has totally fucked what atmosphere we had. You've got frustrated people who want to sing being put in quiet sections surrounded by mutes and the opposite is also the case where quieter fans are being put in noisier areas so those sections are becoming diluted (Gallowgate, Leazes East corner prime examples).

A 4-1 win against Chelsea should never be played in an atmosphere like that was yesterday.

Don’t suppose you were in the block right next to the away end)?

There was me, my mate and some lad with his son next to us having a go at getting an armosphere going whilst the picnic and blanket brigade sat there filming the match in complete silence. 

3pm Saturday kick offs are always wank unless it’s a massive game. Great for away fans who are out all day but the majority of home fans once they get to 30+ have something to do before or after, kids football, have to get somewhere after etc.

And having to queue for 20 odd minutes to get in pisses everyone off just when they’re looking forward to seeing the game.

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Don’t suppose you were in the block right next to the away end)?

There was me, my mate and some lad with his son next to us having a go at getting an armosphere going whilst the picnic and blanket brigade sat there filming the match in complete silence. 

Buzzing to be in this section next Saturday.

1 hour ago, madras said:

The ticket has now been moved on (she now works in the stadium) to a friend of the family and his grandfather now has it while the youngsters is at Uni........and they'd have taught you some new swear words and would expect alcohol at HT.

There's a good few up there had kids tickets but are now early 20s.

Friend of mine is 29, and still paying £400 a season 

Edited by TheGuv

the trust should have been all over this with the club.

the acoustics are shite so you need a singing section in each corner.

cant rely on the gallowgate corner to create a atmosphere in the rest of the ground.

48 minutes ago, Big River said:

the atmosphere could be a lot better, but the owners should be the last people complaining. they’ve done absolutely nothing to help the situation.

they’re the ones who can implement changes such as more safe standing and the ability for people to pick where they sit in order to group like minded fans together.

He is also a Tory cunt, so fuck him

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

cant rely on the gallowgate corner to create a atmosphere in the rest of the ground.

Too busy not wanting away games to be a “closed shop” and getting the likes of Burnsie involved with their “workshops” to tackle anything worthwhile sadly 

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

Exactly, why is this not highest on the agenda. If the owner has made a comment trust should be all over it pushing for further standing in leazes etc. It as an absolute no brainer yet trust seem to think otherwise?

2 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Exactly, why is this not highest on the agenda. If the owner has made a comment trust should be all over it pushing for further standing in leazes etc. It as an absolute no brainer yet trust seem to think otherwise?

Because they’ve been bought with away tickets.

2 hours ago, Bellis80 said:

3pm Saturday kick offs are always wank unless it’s a massive game. Great for away fans who are out all day but the majority of home fans once they get to 30+ have something to do before or after, kids football, have to get somewhere after etc.

And having to queue for 20 odd minutes to get in pisses everyone off just when they’re looking forward to seeing the game.

20 mins - you were lucky. I gave a mate my ST in the gallowgate and went in L7 with my son and step son - we queued for 40 mins to get in and missed kick off. I don’t know what the answer is but there were loads who’s queued longer than us. Stewarding was a shambles they should  have opened the gates - tempers we’re getting frayed and it will end in trouble one match I reckon 

I’ve still never queued to get in for more than about 2 minutes. 

It’s worth remembering that (I think) your ticket opens any turnstile and you can freely walk around the whole ground once you’re in. 

Guess it’s the top tier that has queues since you can’t walk up when inside? 

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s worth remembering that (I think) your ticket opens any turnstile and you can freely walk around the whole ground once you’re in. 

Can anybody actually confirm this?

I’ve heard it numerous times, but never from someone who’s actually tried a different turnstile to what they’re supposed to.

Would be a very handy thing to know if it is true.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Can anybody actually confirm this?

I’ve heard it numerous times, but never from someone who’s actually tried a different turnstile to what they’re supposed to.

Would be a very handy thing to know if it is true.

I’ve done it this season and got in fine

Used to do it with the old ticket scanners too 

Look for the shortest queue and just dive in 

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

I’ve done it this season and got in fine

Used to do it with the old ticket scanners too 

Look for the shortest queue and just dive in 

👍

Right, I’m gonna give it a go.

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’ve still never queued to get in for more than about 2 minutes. 

Guess it’s the top tier that has queues since you can’t walk up when inside? 

What time are you getting there? We walk up by the East stand and the Gallowgate corner and all of the East Stand and Leazes corner are massive queues.

East Stand always used to have a bit of a queue but never used to be a queue Leazes corner. Is now though and it’s getting worse every week rather than better.

Gallowgate end of the Milburn also has big queues. East side of Gallowgate is worse though 

Only part of ground I’ve been to this season where I wasn’t queuing for a minimum of 10-15 mins was Leazes East Stand corner 

And I’ve been getting there 30 mins before kick off 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, NUFC91 said:

They’re not to concerned about the riff raff from their seats in the Milburn.

I don’t get how the queues are so bad though. If you have your phone ready and press it against the correct part of the terminal thing then it’s a swift process.

I’ve made a conscious effort to get in early so never had to stand in one, thankfully. I know not everyone has that luxury of being to get in early mind.

Edited by Danh1

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

I don’t get how the queues are so bad though. If you have your phone ready and press it against the correct part of the terminal thing then it’s a swift process.

I’ve made a conscious effort to get in early so never had to stand in one, thankfully.

Last 2 games I’ve been with 2 x different ST holders and their phone got a “no entry” scan. Absolutely no idea why 

So they try scanning a few more times, it’s keeps going red, then they have to get back through the queue and go round to box office to sort it out  

And I’ve also been with a lad who got “no entry” cos he’d bought his ticket off a tout 

All these little problems add up to big delays when multiplied by hundreds of people 

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Last 2 games I’ve been with 2 x different ST holders and their phone got a “no entry” scan. Absolutely no idea why 

So they try scanning a few more times, it’s keeps going red, then they have to get back through the queue and go round to box office to sort it out  

And I’ve also been with a lad who got “no entry” cos he’d bought his ticket off a tout 

All these little problems add up to big delays when multiplied by hundreds of people 

Aye that is true. Didn’t realise that it was happen and ignorantly put it down to user error. 

8 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Is it an NFC or bar code thing ? I have to turn off the NFC on my phone and use the bar code thing.