Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Atmosphere was fine in the ground.

I was however sat next to a bloke in Bar 1892 who questioned where I was from and how I got the seat next to him (ballot mate).

He went onto never clap or cheer once. Complain about the atmosphere. And walk out when Milan got their second.

Entitled to fuck.

Edited by TBG

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Atmosphere was fine in the ground.

I was however sat next to a bloke in Bar 1892 who questioned where i was from and how I got the seat next to him (ballot mate).

He went onto never clap or cheer once. Complain about the Atmosphere. And walk out when Milan got their second.

Entitled to fuck.

Nothing is more baffling than fans who act like they’re absolute die hards who watch the match with a grimace all game, don’t make a sound other than to criticise the players. What do they think they’re contributing 

Atmosphere was far better than usual for where I sit in the Leazes. People were actually singing and getting involved regularly. 

Second half was nervy and flat. The performance didn’t help, but even worse for me. Was some absolute yahoo sat two seats along. Who was offering someone out for about half an hour. Because he asked him to sit down. Nobody really stands for long periods where we sit, for context. 

Then moved on to saying all the fans near us are shit, because we don’t support the team and don’t stand up. All whilst arguing with someone two rows back and facing the wrong way :lol: 

Seems like shit like this is happening more this season. 

I thought the atmosphere was great, although I was in the East stand about two seats away from the standing section.

It went a bit flat after their second and there was a short stunned silence after Almiron missed that chance early on but apart from that it was pretty consistent I thought. 

First experience of the (new?) Joelinton chant too, "£40m down the drain, Joelinton scores again" :lol:

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I thought the atmosphere was great, although I was in the East stand about two seats away from the standing section.

It went a bit flat after their second and there was a short stunned silence after Almiron missed that chance early on but apart from that it was pretty consistent I thought. 

First experience of the (new?) Joelinton chant too, "£40m down the drain, Joelinton scores again" :lol:

I don't get new (mainly ripped-off) chants for players who already have chants. :lol:

Sure I heard the Ameobi song being sung to Livramento at some point as well. We've a few players with no chants, just leave him at "Tino". :lol:

Thought overall the atmosphere was mint. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't get new (mainly ripped-off) chants for players who already have chants. :lol:

Sure I heard the Ameobi song being sung to Livramento at some point as well. We've a few players with no chants, just leave him at "Tino". :lol:

Thought overall the atmosphere was mint. 

I don't mind it at all tbf

You get plenty of complaints on here about the same old songs, or no songs at all, being sung so anything that catches on I'm happy to go with.

Was in Level 7 and was very impressed for once m. Plenty of standing (including in the non safe standing) and some decent singing going. At times it almost felt like the old corner!

Plenty fucked off after the second went in however. Genuinely unbelievable. 

We were also in L7 and that's the best I've known it up there since the old singing corner days. Was good to see wbry supporter who'd managed to get hold of one of the 1,500 Milan returns in the safe standing section actually stand up for 90 minutes and the standing continued round well into the corner which always helps the atmosphere I think. For those 5 mins or so when word went around that Dortmund were winning it was spine tingling!

Interestingly although the Scoreboard didn't show that Dortmund had taken the lead it was pretty quick to inform us that PSG had equalised and then that they were 2-1 up which flattened the place considerably. In fact I didn't even realise that their 2nd goal had been disallowed and that they had finished 1-1 until I got back home!

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

We were also in L7 and that's the best I've known it up there since the old singing corner days. Was good to see wbry supporter who'd managed to get hold of one of the 1,500 Milan returns in the safe standing section actually stand up for 90 minutes and the standing continued round well into the corner which always helps the atmosphere I think. For those 5 mins or so when word went around that Dortmund were winning it was spine tingling!

Interestingly although the Scoreboard didn't show that Dortmund had taken the lead it was pretty quick to inform us that PSG had equalised and then that they were 2-1 up which flattened the place considerably. In fact I didn't even realise that their 2nd goal had been disallowed and that they had finished 1-1 until I got back home!

I've just found out by you. 

I was four seats away from Milan fans. Atmosphere was good from both sets of fans. Thought I'd be sitting but quite enjoyed standing at a match again. 

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Most of the lower Gallowgate had no idea it had been disallowed. Plenty raging that we were pushing for a winner so much instead of settling for EL.

Killed a bit of the atmosphere as well where I was which had been immense up that point.

4 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

I don't mind it at all tbf

You get plenty of complaints on here about the same old songs, or no songs at all, being sung so anything that catches on I'm happy to go with.

Each to their own I guess, I just find it lazy and a bit small time. 

16 minutes ago, Geordinho said:

Most of the lower Gallowgate had no idea it had been disallowed. Plenty raging that we were pushing for a winner so much instead of settling for EL.

Killed a bit of the atmosphere as well where I was which had been immense up that point.

Most knew where I was, loads of people were getting alerts on there phone.

4 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Atmosphere was far better than usual for where I sit in the Leazes. People were actually singing and getting involved regularly. 

Second half was nervy and flat. The performance didn’t help, but even worse for me. Was some absolute yahoo sat two seats along. Who was offering someone out for about half an hour. Because he asked him to sit down. Nobody really stands for long periods where we sit, for context. 

Then moved on to saying all the fans near us are shit, because we don’t support the team and don’t stand up. All whilst arguing with someone two rows back and facing the wrong way :lol: 

Seems like shit like this is happening more this season. 

Pretty unsavoury moment coming out of the stadium. A young Asian lad with a Milan shirt on had apparently been sat in a home seat. He didn't look like he had a clue what was going on and didn't seem to speak much English but someone tried tripping him up from behind and started demanding very aggressively how he'd got his ticket.

He was fucking harmless and probably petrified. People should be taking issue with the club, not randomers.

4 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Was in Level 7 and was very impressed for once m. Plenty of standing (including in the non safe standing) and some decent singing going. At times it almost felt like the old corner!

Plenty fucked off after the second went in however. Genuinely unbelievable. 

Was in the east stand and commented the same, reminded me of the old corner up there. Bring it back

Leazes West L4 was better than I’d thought it would be, plenty of singing and standing

Although a woman in front of me was sat on her phone looking at the Lottery results and pictures of her mates Xmas trees at 1-1 with 10 mins to go

What a waste of a ticket 

Edited by bobbydazzla