Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I'm sorry like, but if your not alarmed at a lack of home atmosphere when the team have just magnificently dismantled their main CL-qualifying rivals then I don't what else I can say.

You don't get anything which isn't surprising by your previous posts.

Stick to twitter.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

The atmosphere of any sporting contest depends on the context of what has happened and has gone on.

"Any sporting contest". [emoji38]

You are a sports fan. Not a football fan,

Just now, El Prontonise said:

So what is a football fan then, Mr fucking nufc then?

Well it's clear that you have never experienced what being one is, but in a nutshell....you make an atmosphere with songs & chants, no matter what the score and/or how that match is going. For better or for worse.

My 2p pence though.... too many of our fans are obsessed with how long they sat in same seat for years...i have moved several times, its a fucking football match just be happy you there.

Other observation is if you had a standing corner in leazes that matched strawberry you'd have a very good consistent atmosphere.

Just now, NUFC91 said:

My 2p pence though.... too many of our fans are obsessed with how long they sat in same seat for years...i have moved several times, its a fucking football match just be happy you there.

Other observation is if you had a standing corner in leazes that matched strawberry you'd have a very good consistent atmosphere.

Just be happy your there what the hell is that meant to be?

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

You'd think a 6-1 battering would be a good excuse to have the week off from like, howeh, let it go for a week 

Nah. It's times like this that highlight the problem more intensely.

The club is magnificent in every way except for what is happening in the stands. If the people who run the club don't know there is a problem then they won't bother addressing it.

Just now, Wandy said:

The club is magnificent in every way except for what is happening in the stands. If the people who run the club don't know there is a problem then they won't bother addressing it.

Nah, it's miserable twats like you that are the issue.

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Can people not be shamed into joining in, putting hymn sheets on the seats with a few rousing old numbers on

As an out of towner I'd love something along these lines.

Always feel bad as I'd love to be involved in the atmosphere some more which I know means getting closer to the likes of the Strawberry corner where possible, but then as I can normally only get up for a few games a season I end up choosing based on view of the pitch so wind up in quiet areas. I imagine surrounding fans would be even less impressed if a grating Suffolk accent tries to drum up some atmosphere. :lol:

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Nah, it's miserable twats like you that are the issue.

The stadium being full of fuckers like you makes me miserable, you are spot on about that.

13 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

So what is a football fan then, Mr fucking nufc then?

It's when you're so raging that even when you do score you lose where you're sat, you fear you're going to lose your teeth on a plastic seat, hug every stranger and belt out stupid rubbish at top volume.

Before pretending you've got laryngitis at work the next day.

Fine if you want to be in the theatre seats, though. But too many of those just watching like they should be entertained. Sorry - being there is the actual entertainment and it's up to you to be part of it

Edited by Abacus

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

It's when you're so raging that even when you do score you lose where you're sat, you fear you're going to lose your teeth on a plastic seat, hug every stranger and belt out stupid rubbish at top volume.

Before pretending you've got laryngitis at work the next day.

Fine if you want to be in the theatre seats, though. But too many of those just watching like they should be entertained. Sorry - being there is the actual entertainment and it's up to you to be part of it

Here's an idea, catch up with the modern world yous lot.

People go to football for different reasons and react differently to stuff.

Edited by El Prontonise

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Okay, your choice like. Not sure what you're getting out of it though and you'll undoubtedly start annoying people in circumstances like this where everyone's on a high and you're being a doom cloud. Not just singling you out either.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

After the first couple of goals is the loudest I think I've personally heard the Gallowgate. It was immense.

That's the issue though isn't it? The crowd reacts to match events, rather than being a part of them. As soon as the manic first 25 minutes were over the place fell flat.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Okay, your choice like. Not sure what you're getting out of it though and you'll undoubtedly start annoying people in circumstances like this where everyone's on a high and you're being a doom cloud. Not just singling you out either.

This is the thread to do exactly that though. I've already said that everything else about the club is perfect. Despite that, I'm still able to see that certain important stuff still needs addressing. A 6-1 mauling of the opposition isn't going to paper over that.

Edited by Wandy

5 minutes ago, wormy said:

As an out of towner I'd love something along these lines.

Always feel bad as I'd love to be involved in the atmosphere some more which I know means getting closer to the likes of the Strawberry corner where possible, but then as I can normally only get up for a few games a season I end up choosing based on view of the pitch so wind up in quiet areas. I imagine surrounding fans would be even less impressed if a grating Suffolk accent tries to drum up some atmosphere. :lol:

Aye it's not good wanting to join in but don't because of feeling awkward. At least the intent is there mate,it seems for many it's not