Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

5 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Me and my cousin were off our tits in Rocky’s Bar, Benidorm in June and someone was singing Amarillo on the karaoke and we, being in a creative mood made that version up. So I am sorry. :lol: 

Little did I know that Junior Turner would be releasing it and the Strawberry Corner would be singing the cunt within 2 months 

Could you not have added:

Sha La La La La La La La

Toon Toon 

to it? Seems a missed trick to me 

Good to hear the atmosphere seemed to hold up, as it should have, late KO, first game of the season, 5-1 win etc.

I watched it in a pub in Holland and it sounded and looked excellent on TV. In fact a couple of the Dutch lads I was sat with commented on not only the noise but also how good it looked with so many people in the stands wearing black and white.

Talking to a lad at work this morning who stands in the Strawberry Corner amd he said it was unbelievable in there. Definitely gone up a few notches.

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Roma aren’t in the CL is my main issue. Guess we could play them if we drop into the Yewropa.

Most can't even get the words or speed of Blaydon Races right, so expecting people to realise that Roma aren't Champions League is just pissing in the wind :lol:

I’m interested to hear from people who were there tonight how the new ticketing rules affected our support. I could definitely hear some singing from our lot but on Blue Moon they are saying we were quiet/shite compared to what they usually see from us.

@Paully you were there, right? Did the new restrictions have a negative impact on our support?

Think there was a genuine sense of disappointment in the crowd tonight (a bit like the cup final) where we went in with a real believe that we could win.

Other years we have sang in defiance as City thrashed us by 4 or 5.

But I also take it as a badge of honor that both the management and city fans celebrated like it was some sort of title decider... They know we are coming, just not yet

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Because the fans that are loud were getting tickets from ST holders with points so you'll get a mixed fanbase there now.

But couldn’t the ‘new’ people going be just as loud as the old ones? Seems a bit of an assumption to say someone with lower loyalty points isn’t as vocal as someone who buys a ticket through a friend. 

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Not sure what the Trust have to do with it. But some people saying the atmosphere was bad here:

I think we're going to see throughout this season, people who can still go but maybe their mates can't go anymore due to the changes, will say its a shit atmosphere regardless of whether it was or not due to them being pissed off that their pals can't go anymore.

Edited by Scoot

It may not be related...guess time will tell...I know lads with 100s of points who maybe only go to 5 aways a season but pass tickets on to others (not saying that is fair btw)...so in essence you may get say 10 lads who rotate going to matches on say 2 season tickets with 200 points...8 of the lads may have no points so can no longer go...people with say 20 points now can...so the mix in the away end is different....not necessarily worse in terms of noise...but different...time will tell if last night was a one off.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But couldn’t the ‘new’ people going be just as loud as the old ones? Seems a bit of an assumption to say someone with lower loyalty points isn’t as vocal as someone who buys a ticket through a friend. 

Some will and some won't be.

3 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I think we're going to see throughout this season, people who can still go but maybe their mates can't go anymore due to the changes, will say its a shit atmosphere regardless of whether it was or not due to them being pissed off that their pals can't go anymore.

That's a fair point.

Just now, Bally21 said:

That's a fair point.

This is what's happened to me to be honest, the lads I go with can't go anymore so I'll have to go by myself if I want to go but I'll call a spade a spade on whether the atmosphere is good or not.

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Not sure what the Trust have to do with it. But some people saying the atmosphere was bad here:

The Trust are fair game IMO if this season confirms that the new ticketing policy has ruined the level of support at games, both home and away.

It's the kind of issue that they were created to address, so they had better be monitoring this one closely.

This is Blue Moon's take on the support yesterday... https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/newcastle-fans.336197/page-18 ...the verdict that it was average-to-poor. I guess the one-sided nature of the game didn't help though.

This is the best post I’ve read on how these changes impact away days for regular travellers.

What really annoys me though is that the club are dressing this up as stopping ticket touting.

If that’s the case how come hospitality in areas like the Barracks is available for any fucker to buy without a membership including away fans/ticket agencies. One look at the hospitality page on club website will show tickets are sold out for fixtures way down the line, what’s the chance these are the very tickets ending up on secondary sites ? 

One rule for the corporates and another for your average match going fan. 

The club have got this spectacularly wrong and have listened to cunts like that Burnsie at ticketing workshops. 

Is it the case that only season ticket holders can apply for away games? That is ridiculous if true. 

If the club are genuinely trying to create a meritocracy for ticket-availability then members need to be able to apply for away tickets and have as much of a chance as ST holders.