In-house media

------------------------Given-----------------------------

----------------------Woodgate--------------------------

---------------Bruno---------Beardsley-------------------

----------------------Shearer------------------------------

Felt far too early to put anyone who hasn't even been here a full 12 months. I was thinking the same for Bruno, but he's now been here pretty much the same time as Woodgate. Felt a bit strange picking Woodgate with him not being a club legend, and largely not having great words to say since leaving, especially with being from Boro, but in his 15 or so months he had, he was absolutely class, and we haven't been blessed with amazing defenders in the last 30 years. In a year or so I'd imagine most would include Botman. Thought about having Trippier, but wanted a centre half in there.

I guess age will probably play a part here as well. I'm at the perfect age where I was just getting into football in the 1993/94 season and can remember just about all of the 1994/95 season, so there won't be a PL era player that I didn't see play for Newcastle. Whereas while we weren't as good, had the PL started in 1984 or so, before I was born, then I would probably have been less likely to include players from before my time, unless absolutely obvious.

Pretty much every Newcastle fan, whether 19 (and never saw him play live) or 79 would include Shearer in this, just because of what they have heard / read / saw in video, but those under 25 might be more likely to include your HBA's, Cabaye, Solano etc. than your older Beardsley, Ginola types.

Would have been better on a more popular thread, as it would have been interesting to see who more people would pick.

The production on this becomes catastrophic about half way through. Thought I was hearing things at first, with the interviewer laughing inappropriately and repeating himself over the top of their answers etc.

Believe they recorded this interview pre-Man United, so no excuse for not doing something about it really...

20 minutes ago, 80 said:

The production on this becomes catastrophic about half way through. Thought I was hearing things at first, with the interviewer laughing inappropriately and repeating himself over the top of their answers etc.

Believe they recorded this interview pre-Man United, so no excuse for not doing something about it really...

Aye when i was watching it i had to check that it wasn't playing in two tabs :lol:

Edited by ste_ne24

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Those questions man. I almost turned it off twice. 

19 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Was literally thinking the same thing watching it was doing my head in.

I love Howe's press conferences I just wait for him to pipe up with something like "Hi Eddie, last week Jason Tindall went meme crazy... Have you ever thought about creating a meme and if you have what meme was it?"

Howe: "Haha I haven't no.. I'll just focus on what I'm good at"

"Haha well maybe another time Eddie, on a more serious note how does it feel to be so close to the Champions League?"

11 minutes ago, 80 said:

I honestly felt embarrassed for Joelinton. The players must talk about it among themselves.

I've noticed a handful of times people like Willock and Howe have made remarks about how they've already answered a particular question the last time they spoke or words to that effect...

The latest controversial effort at interviewing one of our players. Joelinton himself was great, to be fair!

Edited by 80

I do wonder what the plan is for next season with this. We’ll have more competitions, greater international interest, and likely a greater influx of commercial content to push out.

If you look at what the likes of Man City and other big clubs put out we have some catching up to do. 

6 hours ago, Viana said:

I do wonder what the plan is for next season with this. We’ll have more competitions, greater international interest, and likely a greater influx of commercial content to push out.

If you look at what the likes of Man City and other big clubs put out we have some catching up to do. 

I believe they are appointing a new director of brand, marketing and digital media so you would hope we would get more in-house media 

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

His comment about the training being fresh every time is brilliant.

Imagine doing a Brucey session every fucking day, man.

twice a fucking week, man.

they had that many days off.

Please enlighten me :

Is there something bad/sinister about Newcastle United official website (the .co.uk)?, or official youtube? or Instagram? etc etc?

From what I gather from online surfing most local fans seem unaware or uninterested with them all. Only non-local fans do.

And what most bizarre, it looks like to me the biggest Newcastle's fan site (the .com) doesn't go along with official website (the .co.uk). In their match reporting (which admittedly far more superior that the official ones) they always link to other sources for match highlight even though the club's official youtube has match highlight too (3 of them per match even)

Why though? Is it better to promote traffic to NUFC's official youtube? Or maybe I'm missing something?

2 minutes ago, sampokong said:

Please enlighten me :

Is there something bad/sinister about Newcastle United official website (the .co.uk)?, or official youtube? or Instagram? etc etc?

From what I gather from online surfing most local fans seem unaware or uninterested with them all. Only non-local fans do.

And what most bizarre, it looks like to me the biggest Newcastle's fan site (the .com) doesn't go along with official website (the .co.uk). In their match reporting (which admittedly far more superior that the official ones) they always link to other sources for match highlight even though the club's official youtube has match highlight too (3 of them per match even)

Why though? Is it better to promote traffic to NUFC's official youtube? Or maybe I'm missing something?

I think the club tried to wrestle the domain name from them a few years back.  They’re probably just bitter.  

.com used to be really good back in the day.  Now I go there just for the match reports.  

I have zero issue with the official stuff sources now.  They’re improved so much since Ashley. 

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I think the club tried to wrestle the domain name from them a few years back.  They’re probably just bitter.  

.com used to be really good back in the day.  Now I go there just for the match reports.  

I have zero issue with the official stuff sources now.  They’re improved so much since Ashley. 

Oh wow, that explains a lot.

Edited by sampokong

22 hours ago, toon25 said:

His comment about the training being fresh every time is brilliant.

Imagine doing a Brucey session every fucking day, man.

18 hours ago, huss9 said:

twice a fucking week, man.

they had that many days off.

Read this yesterday and tried to find that footage of WBA's pre-season training with the fat fraud. That segment when he was shouting them in... 

"faaawty fouwr, faaawty fivvvve" 

Obese fucking travesty 

8 minutes ago, sampokong said:

Oh wow, that explains a lot.

Yeah, but if it is the reason (others may have more insight) I think they should get over it.  It would have been completely different people at the time.  They used to have a different four word expansion of nufc to justify that they were not stealing it from the club.  I forget what it was and it’s not there now. 

The site used to be one of the main places to go for transfer gossip/ minor ITK stuff.  But that died years ago. 

I think their match reports are the best I read mind.  And I like the fact they do not appear to be chasing self publicity.  Their site does feel like a bit of a waste of the domain though.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Like all social media these days, the responses are filled by bots and right wing nuts, especially on Twitter now where they all have a blue tick to make it look like they are official.

If we post about LBGTQ, then all the bot accounts with Barcelona players in the profile picture and Barca fan in their description suddenly start flooding the comments with ‘I’m not longer going to support NUFC’ and ‘Our country will now sell you’.

As such you hardly ever see real fans interacting with the Twitter pages and Instagram pages. Musk and Zuckerberg have algorithms on their sites which promote such comments ahead of genuine accounts, because the bot accounts as well as the right wing nuts all are generally more active than other accounts and therefor bring in more revenue. There is also dubious questions over their political and social beliefs as well.

It’s not just an NUFC thing, most top flight clubs around the world have the same thing inflicted upon them, and isn’t limited to just football.

NUFC.com is as you say an unofficial site. I’m sure during the Ashley era they were threatened with legal action, so therefor don’t touch anything official, even linking to official highlights etc.

The new owners maybe more relaxed about things, but it’s not a risk for them worth taking to find out if they are or not.

Additionally they are or were close to people behind both the Mag and True Faith, so it’s a lot easier to let them push their content and maybe link with them.

Edited by Stifler

I might be ageing myself here, but do we still do official end of season “DVD” or equivalent? Last one I bought was the Pardew 5th placed season, but used to have some which I watched multiple times (92/93 for instance).

Obviously not expecting something on physical media, but we have all of the footage from the club extended highlights, plus the “match cam” stuff which is released. Can’t help but feel a properly edited version with player interviews etc. would sell well.