In-house media

5 minutes ago, toon25 said:

It'll pay off for Leicester eventually, I'd think. It's such an impressive facility

Yeah, for me the only issue is that if the money really starts to dry up at ownership level, and they end up outside of the PL for any sustained period of time, the costs of a facility like that might well become unsustainable.

Whilst I understand the theory of the argument about moving away from the city and taking a bit of the ‘club atmosphere’ away, it’s the kind of point that only ever gets raised when things are going badly on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

Don't get the Shola hate, post playing career like. A geordie working for the club his loves, if he wasn't doing a decent job I've no doubt he would be out.

I mean, i doubt he's sitting in his arse just collecting his pay packet like. 

It's quite likely to be due to his defence of Mike Ashley, especially at a volatile time

I do like Shola and I quite enjoyed him doing the MTV Cribs style video but I also can't fully embrace him because of how he sucked up to Ashley

There is a bit of talk about the new leicester training ground being an issue in terms of building comradery with it being so spread out and not a lot of mixing.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There is a bit of talk about the new leicester training ground being an issue in terms of building comradery with it being so spread out and not a lot of mixing.

Yeah but it’s in total speculation, which appears to be hinge on we won the league at the old training ground and got relegated at the new place. 

classic British football analysis tbh lol

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I can definitely see that. In corporate and manufacturing industries getting your workspace/production layout wrong can have a huge affect on productivity. With football it's probably far more of a factor when you think about how crucial the intangible elements of team spirit, motivation and mentality are to a club's success. Leicester were a club where the success was built on being a smaller club punching above their weight. 

Think it shows the importance of getting the architecture of any new training facility right and that being biggest, most comfortable etc is not the only thing that matters. 

It's clearly not the only thing that has gone wrong at Leicester but it would be churlish to ignore it completely IMO as a factor.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's quite likely to be due to his defence of Mike Ashley, especially at a volatile time

I do like Shola and I quite enjoyed him doing the MTV Cribs style video but I also can't fully embrace him because of how he sucked up to Ashley

Yeah, A perfectly fair point over Ashley. 

3 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The man isn’t going on national tele and slagging off his boss ffs. 

1 minute ago, christ said:

He shouldn’t have been working for him in the first place. Especially in a job that he has no business doing. 

Seems a nice guy though. 

I hope this ownership is the last of average/shit players like Ameobi being in the squad 14-15 years, Dummett 10 years just because they're local. 

Fingers crossed Anderson and Miley are the start of players being here for years on merit. 

5 minutes ago, christ said:

As ever there's a balance between slagging him off and suckling at Ashley's hoop.

Just as he had a right to continue earning a wage from Ashley, fans can feel a certain way about him coming out with Pardew-like sycophant rhetoric like 'all credit to Mike Ashley' and 'Mike Ashley stabilised the club'. 

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Really enjoyed that. I'm sure we're still not at the standards of the seemingly legions of clubs who've developed completely new premises, but at least now it actually looks like something that belongs in the 21st century. 

Aren't they also building an entirely new facility at a different location?

IIRC they did a quick revamp of the existing facility to hold them over until the new facility could be completed in a few years' time.

25 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

IIRC they did a quick revamp of the existing facility to hold them over until the new facility could be completed in a few years' time.

All just vague plans, no site identified yet let alone purchased as far as I recall. Still a long way away.

54 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

They will but yeah a few years off 

8 hours ago, SteV said:

Yeah, for me the only issue is that if the money really starts to dry up at ownership level, and they end up outside of the PL for any sustained period of time, the costs of a facility like that might well become unsustainable.

Whilst I understand the theory of the argument about moving away from the city and taking a bit of the ‘club atmosphere’ away, it’s the kind of point that only ever gets raised when things are going badly on the pitch.

Already a potential issue that (money drying up at ownership level), as King Power struggled during and I understand after the pandemic.

Their current owner, the son of Vichai is seemingly nowhere near as passionate or ruthless as his father was. He has put a lot of faith in their DOF who is essentially useless. Could be a grim few years for Leicester.