In-house media

Figured it might be worth having a thread on the club's own media output, seeing as it's probably only gonna get bigger and more professional as time goes on. Especially with the upcoming documentary and the push to paint a picture of us for the rest of the world.

Thought this could be somewhere to collate and highlight interesting pieces, and comment generally on what the club is, or should be, producing.

First up -

I like our match cams but lately every time I see one they get more and more biased. I get focusing on our action, but just erasing things like Pope's booboo against Wolves is like something out of the Soviet Union :lol: I don't want us to go down the route of painting everything as perfect in all ways at all times, it just looks delusional and dishonest when you see other clubs and organizations act like that.

Also, seeing as they're collecting so much footage of us at the games, I think it'd be cool if sometimes they'd show the same period of play from different cameras, so you could see what different people were doing at the same time e.g. Almiron's celebration alongside Bruno's reaction. Might make for some nice juxtapositions.

Edited by 80

I really hope they up their in house production. I follow Chicago Fire too and they have a great behind the scenes series on YouTube, similar to Man City who regularly produce excellent behind the scenes content. Improve it all please.

8 minutes ago, tgarve said:

The side of the game I hate but at least we’re improving it. This is what breeds tourists and half baked home fans 

Can do. That's one reason why having it too sanitised and sugary disturbs me. Put our best foot forward sure, but you shouldn't just fade the soul of football and it's highs and lows away.

Edited by 80

4 hours ago, 80 said:

Figured it might be worth having a thread on the club's own media output, seeing as it's probably only gonna get bigger and more professional as time goes on. Especially with the upcoming documentary and the push to paint a picture of us for the rest of the world.

Thought this could be somewhere to collate and highlight interesting pieces, and comment generally on what the club is, or should be, producing.

First up -

I like our match cams but lately every time I see one they get more and more biased. I get focusing on our action, but just erasing things like Pope's booboo against Wolves is like something out of the Soviet Union :lol: I don't want us to go down the route of painting everything as perfect in all ways at all times, it just looks delusional and dishonest when you see other clubs and organizations act like that.

Also, seeing as they're collecting so much footage of us at the games, I think it'd be cool if sometimes they'd show the same period of play from different cameras, so you could see what different people were doing at the same time e.g. Almiron's celebration alongside Bruno's reaction. Might make for some nice juxtapositions.

There's no Pope error in the extended highlights either. :lol: But they keep the shot of him walking off at HT looking sheepish for some reason and cut in a bit of commentary about Wolves being frustrated due to "some of the decisions".

4 hours ago, buzz said:

There's no Pope error in the extended highlights either. :lol: But they keep the shot of him walking off at HT looking sheepish for some reason and cut in a bit of commentary about Wolves being frustrated due to "some of the decisions".

This just means were now one of the "Big" teams 

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

From the pov of someone who hasn't seen any of that game as portrayed by proper broadcasters with well-positioned cameras, the pitch side camera perspective is pretty worthless

Would be a bit weird to be in that scenario tbh :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this is the perfect thread for it... Hope they sort out the microphones on the press conferences sooner rather than later. It's a right state.

43 minutes ago, 80 said:

I guess this is the perfect thread for it... Hope they sort out the microphones on the press conferences sooner rather than later. It's a right state.

always wondered why this was a thing, surely it's such an easy thing to fix.

NFL press conferences are even worse for it. you can't hear the question being asked, fucking ever.

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

Post your all time premier league NUFC 5 aside team below. How I fit in Rob Lee, Bruno and Pedro is now the problem. 

The fuck is Murphy doing picking Nolan, I know he was a leader, and did alright for us, especially in getting us back up, but of all the CM's you could pick :lol: