Brentford 1-2 Newcastle United (08/04/2023)

Mike

Christ didn't realize they'd only lost once at home all season (Arsenal).

Re. Frank's Isak comment - remember when Pancrate scored against Watford and Mackay made some snarky comment about 'however much they paid for him' - he was free.

Edited by Superior Acuña

Also didn’t Brentford’s rise from the third tier coincide with a large cash injection from the owner? Them’s the breaks Tommy boy. 

Watched a video about Brighton’s recruitment the other day, didn’t realise that the Brentford owner worked for Tony Bloom’s (Brightons owner) analytics firm. He left and set up a rival business and the two aren’t in speaking terms. 

Slightly off topic but it’s very interesting watch. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye, because I'm sure if anyone comes in for Ivan Toney, they'll want nowhere near £63m.

Get back to selling Afterdark mixes out the back of your car at the quayside, ye bag of wet hair.

:lol:

Bruno and Joelinton definitely looked like they would make an incredible double pivot. On paper it makes sense, but it was great to see how good it was in practice. 

Bruno playing through pain after twisting his ankle again in the warm-up and Big Jo having played fewer than 90 minutes in that position in a 4-2-3-1 in his career, an’ all. Madness.

16 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Do you play golf? Just taken it up and went round yesterday only my third every round and went round it 78 over lol

Sorry, misunderstood first time round!!!

7 hours ago, Gawalls said:

I think he got done around the half way line by Schade. He’s truly shit man

What is this? :lol: He didn't get done by Schade and had a canny game.

Schär played that really poorly but I'm pretty sure the sun was distracting him as usually he would get a lot closer to Schade and not let him take the punt down without any pressure.