Newcastle United 6-1 Tottenham Hotspur (23/04/2023)

Disco

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Fuck me. Danny Rose needs to go and lie down in a dark room someplace. 

Seems like he's been going through some stuff man. Kind of sad to see. Happy he really enjoyed the game and atmosphere.

7 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Win the next two games and I think we'll qualify for the Champions League. 

"Think?" :lol: At that point we'll almost be mathematically guaranteed it man :lol:

I would be very surprised and disappointed now if we don't get at least 4th. 6 points ahead and 1 game in hand with 7 games left. Would be a monumental fall in performance from us for that to slip away.

Just now, KaKa said:

Seems like he's been going through some stuff man. Kind of sad to see. Happy he really enjoyed the game and atmosphere.

Yeah. Didn’t mean to be harsh on him- just that being there isn’t the best place for him. Fans reactions to what he’s doing and saying could really work against him, which he undoubtedly doesn’t need. 

8 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

Probably been said earlier but Kane is an odious, dirty bastard. I know it's not PC to want a player seriously hurt but he doesn't care, so why should I?

He has the refs in his pocket too.

He’d be despised if he was from any of the European countries.

Just now, Conjo said:

"Think?" :lol: At that point we'll almost be mathematically guaranteed it man :lol:

I would be very surprised and disappointed now if we don't get at least 4th. 6 points ahead and 1 game in hand with 7 games left. Would be a monumental fall in performance from us for that to slip away.

Trying not to get too carried away.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Know he’s had his issues and obviously still has. Just not the place for him to be there imo. He’s being employed and paid as a pundit to analyse and comment on the game. 

Giving him a chance and a bit of purpose. Moments like that can change lives. All for it, even if it's a little uncomfortable. 

Imagine if today sparked something inside him to grt back into football and he goes on to be a coach and love life again. Fucking priceless. 

Not all ex-players have the insight and the vocabulary to analyse a game. Didn’t realise Rose had been suffering, he spoke from the heart but doesn’t appear to be right. I hope he gets the support he needs. We often forget about these lads as they are extremely well remunerated but they are, largely, working class lads trying to make sense of the position they’ve found themselves in.

Edited by Novocastrian

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

He has the refs in his pocket too.

He’d be despised if he was from any of the European countries.

One of the many good things about being so out of sight so early, we didn't have to put up with too much of his tedious antics.

Just now, Dokko said:

Giving him a chance and a bit of purpose. Moments like that can change lives. All for it, even if it's a little uncomfortable. 

Imagine if today sparked something inside him to grt back into football and he goes on to be a coach and love life again. Fucking priceless. 

I’m just thinking of it going the other way and reactions to him setting him right back. Just don’t think it’s the place for him to be in front of a tv camera- if he gets enjoyment and purpose from being at the game and speaking to his mates then great. Just not in the spotlight for himself- there’s no need.

First 20 or so we were elite. That run off the full back from from Joelinton (much like he did against West Ham it gets blamed on poor defending when it's as much about him judging it perfectly), Isak's movement and of course that Willock ball. We've all seen games this season when we've hammered teams but the chances just haven't gone our way . They're really starting to fall our way now. Days like today are to be savoured, we've just destroyed one of the big 6 of recent years. Howay The Lads !!

In all my years watching Newcastle, that start was absolutely pure sex :smitten:

Was nervous before the game, but what Howe and this team have done is absolutely incredible. 

We've made a big game into a bit of a laugh. 6 points off 5th now and I think we only extend that gap the way we're playing :)

Considering they've got the ex France captain at the back, and the current England captain up top and the interviewer asks 'was there a lack of leadership today' to Lloris is damning. 

Edited by HawK