Newcastle United 6-1 Tottenham Hotspur (23/04/2023)

Disco

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

Just got internet. What a fucking team, what a performance. Utterly took the piss.

Can't wait for the goals with radio Newcastle Comms, hope Ando is still alive after all of that. 

Did yuz enjoy yaz tyme with Amanda tha otha dey?

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Honestly really felt for Danny Rose when he was talking about the absence of football in his life, and how he’s struggled to come to terms with it. Reminded me of a few articles I read about the brutal dislocation of routine and structure for footballers when their career ends / let go.

I hope he finds his purpose in the next stage of his career, whatever it may be. 

Don't have the British broadcast so haven't seen any of this, but it's a bit weird. Wasn't he famously known for not really enjoying playing football and treating it strictly as a job? 

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

Stellini actually seems a good guy. Imagine the with Bruce being interviewed 

Don’t need to imagine, pretty sure Bruce had similar results and examples can be provided.

27 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What Rose said was really heartfelt I thought. What he said to Howe was really nice.

Aye, the last few years of his life might not have been the best (especially getting rinsed in that Spurs documentary). I hope he can find a way to get back into football, either as a pundit, coach or whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Don't have the British broadcast so haven't seen any of this, but it's a bit weird. Wasn't he famously known for not really enjoying playing football and treating it strictly as a job? 

It was Benoit Assou-Ekotto who came out with that quote I think. Rose’s professional motivation also seemed to evaporate towards the end of his time at Tottenham, but we don’t know the full story of what went on.

I think the guy has been struggling for a while with some issues. 

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

First time we have had three players with 10 premiership goals in the same season?

Doesn't seem right but could be

would guess three of Shearer, Bellamy, Robert, Solano and Speed must have

Top scorers in the country in 93/94 but Cole/Beardsley hoovered up a huge amount of them.