Everton 1-4 Newcastle United (27/04/2023)

Disco

I need to see the full clip of Schar's goal agian (those highlights above seems to cut in later), but Burn must have been 'offside' much earlier in the move, and well before it got to schar to hit it.

The current offside rule man??!! And then going back this season you see things like the Rashford/Fernandes one against Man City allowed to stand.

Edited by TK-421

1 minute ago, arnonel said:

One of the most important wins this season.

Our first half was shocking. Completely bullied in midfield. Missed passes, terrible defending, etc

We gutsed it out, stayed in the game, and came out firing in the second half.

Could easily have ended up like Villa result, but we found a way.

Amazing result

Not sure I agree with any of that actually.

It was certainly hard in that first half and Everton did create some good chances on goal but as a whole it was fairly even and wasn't even close to the poor performance we put in against Villa or first half at Brentford.

Even the first 15 minutes of the second half was a battle but we kept going and made sure to push them back just that little but more until we got the second goal which ultimately saw them cave in.

On reflection, that game showed the value of sticking to a game plan, which Eddie puts great store on. In the first half, we struggled to play the ball through the midfield, and kept losing the ball in our own half. Unlike Villa, Everton didn't have the ability or composure to capitalise, but we were under the cosh, and I was wanting us to start hitting the ball long. Then we beat the press for once, scored from a great move, and from them on things moved steadily our way. 

So despite the pressure, the team never lost faith that our way would prevail in the end, and that's down to the manager's ability to sell his methods and make them tell.

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Is it just me (it probably is), but am I the only one thinks he doesnt have a little arms?! I just dont see it. 

You should have been at the Coventry conference 

Guest reefatoon
49 minutes ago, gdm said:

Brilliant result. 3 more wins is all we need. I’m still raging about that penalty decision yet again. What is the point of VAR. Thankfully we won but now it’ll get forgotten about and brushed under the carpet 

009E36A0-D3AD-4B4C-96AD-E0AC1F352E36.jpeg

Totally agree, it was an awful tackle.

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Very honest from Dyche, and it's not like he's ignored the fact, most other teams fans, they like to pretend its all about the investment. Murphy, Almiron, Longstaff, Schar,Joelinton, Willock, these players have stepped up massively, Almiron Joelinton and Willock are different players, the latter, literally on the crust of international call ups now.

It was never just about saudi investment, the coaching has been phenomenal, and the investment has been shrewd. 

Edited by mighty__mag

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Very honest from Dyche, and it's not like he's ignored the fact, like most other teams fans like to pretend its all about the investment. Murphy, Almiron, Longstaff, Schar,Joelinton, Willock, these players have stepped up massively, Almiron Joelinton and Willock are different players, the latter, literally on the crust of nternational call ups now.

It was never just about saudi investment, the coaching has been phenomenal, and the investment has been shrewd. 

All our goals today were scored by pre-takeover players.

17 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

I need to see the full clip of Schar's goal agian (those highlights above seems to cut in later), but Burn must have been 'offside' much earlier in the move, and well before it got to schar to hit it.

The current offside rule man??!! And then going back this season you see things like the Rashford/Fernandes one against Man City allowed to stand.

How long can play can continue before VAR can't disallow a goal?

7 minutes ago, Conjo said:

How long can play can continue before VAR can't disallow a goal?

Exactly. I think it was a cross from Tripps on the right, that cleared everyone in the box when Burn was slightly off... no flag.

Ball eventually reaches players on the left hand side, end up with schar, who cuts in, hits it, lovely goal. Still no flag.

VAR steps in, says Burn was offside in build up (when Tripps crossed it), but did he really interfere with play and the resulting goal?

Edited by TK-421

Always seems a tough ground to play at if they start with a high tempo which Everton did last night. The crowd make a big difference there, particularly under lights and thought we handled the first 20 minutes pretty well. After that, we started to move off the ball and the midfield got a grip. Never would have said this at the start of the season but I’m happier when Longstaff is in the engine room with Bruno. It’s been a transitional season for him and so proud he’s one of ours. 

Thought our finishing was clinical last night and taking that momentum into the final stages of the season will be crucial. Great times and more of them to come. 

Oh and Isak. We’ve got Isak ?

Edited by PhilT

Just now, samptime29 said:

Everton have good legs in midfield tbf but they just aren't very creative side.

I felt sorry for Calvert-Lewin. Looks like the injuries have finished him as a good PL striker, he should be in the Wilson, Watkins, Toney sort of bracket. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I felt sorry for Calvert-Lewin. Looks like the injuries have finished him as a good PL striker, he should be in the Wilson, Watkins, Toney sort of bracket. 

Considering they wanted £50m+ about a year ago, if they go down that'll be £15m at most. He might even decide not to move as anyone buying him won't be buying him as their main striker. 

Still a good player there, he took his offside goal very well, but you'll be lucky to get 15 starts out of him a season, which for the wishes he's on means his options will be slim. 

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Considering they wanted £50m+ about a year ago, if they go down that'll be £15m at most. He might even decide not to move as anyone buying him won't be buying him as their main striker. 

Still a good player there, he took his offside goal very well, but you'll be lucky to get 15 starts out of him a season, which for the wishes he's on means his options will be slim. 

It's sad really. I quite like DCL but injuries have fucked him unfortunately.

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Just fucking shocking. To me (who is no expert, obviously) it looked like completely separate moves. Can't understand how it's given as offside, Burn wasn't blocking Pickford, didn't give the ball to Schar. Total joke.

10 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Just fucking shocking. To me (who is no expert, obviously) it looked like completely separate moves. Can't understand how it's given as offside, Burn wasn't blocking Pickford, didn't give the ball to Schar. Total joke.

I thought burn headed it to Shar? He’s up there where the ball lands for sure.

1 minute ago, Broadsword said:

I thought burn headed it to Shar? He’s up there where the ball lands for sure.

Like  I said, I need to see the whole move again, as the VAR just showed a still at the time (with burn in offsied position), and cant remember if the ball was in shot, but wasn't certain if the cross had cleared everyone or been headed.