Everton 1-4 Newcastle United (27/04/2023)

Disco

After a ridiculous first 20 minutes on Sunday, we've gone and followed it up with an almost equally ridiculous last 20 minutes.

What a result. That 2nd goal bottlenecked our quality and as soon as it was broken, we were ruthless and full of swag. Brilliant to watch.

Tonight we beat Everton, the crowd, the pressure, the shocking officials, the white kit curse, the BT Sport curse, and what to me was our toughest remaining fixture. Fucking get in!!

Pope: 7

Trippier: 8

Schär: 8.5

Botman: 7.5

Targett: 7

Bruno: 7

Joelinton: 7.5

Longstaff: 7

Willock: 7.5

Wilson: 10

Almiron: 5.5

Burn: 7

Isak: 9.5

Murphy: 8.5

I’m not even sure where to put this, but what an utter fucking privilege this season has been. It’s not been perfect, but I’d never want it to be either - at a time it might be but I don’t think it’ll feel the same as this. 

Almost every game there’s been a moment to remember, there’s been hope since we took Forest apart on day 1 and it’s grown ever since. But I never imagined we would be here now. 

I feel incredibly lucky to have been there this season, more so to meet several people off this forum. Half cut this evening, but feeling full in all other context. What a fucking ride. 

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

Everton fans fighting with each other in the stands according to their match thread. Some poor fella got knocked out.

Poor fella who landed the punch remained conscious to watch the rest...